Digital Point Image Proxy

Digital Point Image Proxy [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($75.00)

digitalpoint

digitalpoint submitted a new resource:

Digital Point Image Proxy - Serve images embedded with BBCode through your domain.

[quote][B]Note: This is listed as $25, but it's actually free for premium members of our website.[/B]

This addon will serve images embedded with [plain][IMG][/plain] BBCode from your domain through a proxy mechanism (it does not store third party images as attachments).

[B][SIZE=5]Block Cookie Stuffing[/SIZE][/B]

Since images are served through your servers and cookies are not relayed, malicious cookie stuffing images are a non-issue.

[B][SIZE=5]Eliminate Security Warnings[/SIZE][/B]

If your site...[/quote]

[url=http://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-image-proxy.2747/]Read more about this resource...[/url]

Interesting. On a side note... wonder why this thread first page doesn't register the bbcode...

This is a very interesting and intriguing add-on, especially the HTTPS/HTTP image fix.

If I wasn't using cloudflare, I'd try it on my sites.

Can you describe at a high level how it works? IMG URL rewriting, and ??? Does it cache third party images at post creation?

Are you using this on digitalpoint forums at the moment?

So this is basically $75 without a subscription right? That comes with yearly updates.

Then after a year has passed, it must be renewed for updates at $75 right?

The $75 is an arbitrary number and isn't intended to ever be bought for that... There just is no mechanism currently in our digital goods marketplace to disallow selling to non-premium members. It's intended just as a benefit for premium members.

Premium membership is $25 for a single month, can be canceled right away and also gives you access to the other addons I made that are premium member benefits (for example the master/slave database setup). There is no end date on anything, and what you get during your premium membership month can be used indefinitely.

If a year from now (or whenever) there's a new version that you want because it has some awesome feature, you *would* need to be a premium member to get the update. But either way, the $25 cost for a single month is an indefinite license for as many sites as you own.

The $75 is an arbitrary number and isn't intended to ever be bought for that... There just is no mechanism currently in our digital goods marketplace to disallow selling to non-premium members. It's intended just as a benefit for premium members.

Premium membership is $25 for a single month, can be canceled right away and also gives you access to the other addons I made that are premium member benefits (for example the master/slave database setup). There is no end date on anything, and what you get during your premium membership month can be used indefinitely.

If a year from now (or whenever) there's a new version that you want because it has some awesome feature, you *would* need to be a premium member to get the update. But either way, the $25 cost for a single month is an indefinite license for as many sites as you own.
Okay so in reality, the only thing that's really $75 is OSX Push Notifications?

Yep, exactly. That one is just too much support on my end helping people get their Apple Developer accounts set up and dealing with explaining how their push certificates need to be generated (every year) and stuff...

Reactions: DRE
This is my current htaccess

Code:
RewriteEngine on 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Baiduspider [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Sogou [NC]
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F]
order allow,deny
deny from 180.76.
deny from 220.181.
allow from all

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://8th.us/$1 [R,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

It shouldn't be affected by anything in .htaccess... The only thing I can think of would be if your PHP doesn't allow downloading of URLs maybe?

In your Model/Proxy.php file, if you change this:
PHP:
catch (Exception $e)
{
    $image = $this->_getBlankImage();
}

to this:
PHP:
catch (Exception $e)
{
    XenForo_Error::logException($e);
}

It will log any internal errors related to downloading the image to your server error log.

This is just what I've been looking for... thanks @digitalpoint!

Will purchase a little later on, it's 1:05am here and I need to force myself to bed :sleep:.

It shouldn't be affected by anything in .htaccess... The only thing I can think of would be if your PHP doesn't allow downloading of URLs maybe?

In your Model/Proxy.php file, if you change this:
PHP:
catch (Exception $e)
{
}

to this:
PHP:
catch (Exception $e)
{
    XenForo_Error::logException($e);
}

It will log any internal errors related to downloading the image to your server error log.
I did what you said in public_html/library/DigitalPointImageProxy/Model/Proxy.php

Nothing happened in my server logs after doing so. It is still blank.

I posted another pic.

I quoted a pic and saw it show up in the reply box though, but it just doesn't want to show up in posts.

Nothing is showing in server error logs.

Top Bottom