Lack of interest Differentiate each post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

raytrails

This is my first post here, and I'm very curious about the future of xenForo, it definitely looks promising! I'm currently running vBulletin 3.8.5.

The one thing that I immediately saw was that each post was too "close" to the next one. There is only a very thin line as a border between each post, and this makes it harder to read through a thread. As it is now, the posts flows too close without the needed contrast between them.

I guess this can be easily fixed with using alternate styles, but since the default one should be as good as possible I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can do this with a template conditional and css.

If the postid is even, use class="post_bg_even", else class="post_bg_uneven"

The one thing that I immediately saw was that each post was too "close" to the next one. There is only a very thin line as a border between each post, and this makes it harder to read through a thread.
Everything is fully customisable in the ACP via Style Properties.

You can do something like this in about 10 seconds.

posts-png.11377

styling-png.11380

Top Bottom