XF 1.1 Difference spotted in clean install to upgrade

mrGTB

I've installed XenForo 1.1 doing a clean install on my WampServer using the full package. The forum I run live on the web on the other hand was upgraded to final version.

I've just been copying some Usergroup permissions I set on my live forum over to the WampServer install and I've spotted there are differences between the two. The first picture below shows the live forum.

1: Live Forum (updated to XenForo 1.1 final - from 1.1 Beta/RC versions)
live.webp

WampServer (using clean install of XenForo 1.1 final)

wamp.webp

Also, I spotted that the setting that you can tick to display YouTube URL below videos had not been updated to the fix as well on live site when comparing the clean install on WampServer to the updated live forum board.

The clean install use this:
Code:
[i][size=2][url={$url}]View: {$url}[/url][/size][/i]

That was not the case on the updated forum. That might have happened though because Mike posted a few code fixes and I added one updating uTube code box, so maybe the upgrade looked for original code to replace and didn't find it. That might explain that YouTube code not being changed during update on live forum.

So all the permissions are the same, just listed in a different order?

Also, I checked my forum which was upgraded, and confirmed it matches the order of your moderator permissions on the live forum you upgraded.

Yeah, from what I can see (have not studied it close) yet. It's only changed things around and worded some differently in other cases. Also take note of the sidebar panel and how "Upgrade Users" is at the bottom of the list on clean install.

What I don't get, why wasn't these same changes applied on updated site? My live site has always used the 1.1 version only (never 1.0), updated through all beta/rc releases.

You should also check your YouTube URL code (Options/messages) to see if it matches what I posted above taken from clean install of XenForo 1.1

Don't have a clean install locally currently as I upgraded that one as well, but see the difference on your images. Guess I won't worry too much if it's simply the display order a bit out of whack.

That's what I mean, if you have an updated forum to XenForo 1.1 final. You should (Options/Messages) to see if the YouTube BBCode URL used there matches the code I posted above taken from a clean install of final version. Or if it's not been updated to that code.

Code:
[i][size=2][url={$url}]View: {$url}[/url][/size][/i]

Not a bug really - when the display orders are tied, then the order is arbitrary. I'll look into it when I have chance.

As for the embed URL, the fix can't be applied to people who were running the beta. It's important to keep an eye on the bugs forum (as a beta user) for that reason. :)

Ah right! So your saying it would not have auto updated that code on updating then. Keep in mind here though, I wasn't updating from the Beta to Final. I went from Beta to RC, then to Final

I mean that if you did an install with a beta (where the option was created with the old value), then we couldn't change what value was stored.

Top Bottom