XF 2.2 Difference between message and thread in spamcleaner?

Black Tiger

Just a quick question since I'm not native English. What is the difference in these options?
  • Move / delete spammer's threads -> I understand this
  • Delete spammer's messages
  • Delete conversations by spammer -> I understand this too
So what is messages? Is that like reply's he posted in threads from other users?
I presume yes.

Is there a fast way to find hidden posts/messages/threads?

Thank you both.

Any clue on my last question? Easy way to find hidden posts/threads? From the forum itself, not via query in the database?
Same for soft-deleted threads/posts.

A lot of their terms relate to the message board days. That's why in acp, it's asks for your "board" name. Messages, boards, conversations. I actually updated all my language to reflect modern times.
I still say "board" a lot but I am also old enough to have dialed up to BBSes with a 14.4K (or maybe it was 28.8) modem. Old habits die hard and all that :cool:

And, yes, I realize someone here probably remembers using a 2400 baud but I am not THAT old.;)

I still say "board" a lot but I am also old enough to have dialed up to BBSes with a 14.4K (or maybe it was 28.8) modem.
I'm from those days too. :)
Starting to play with a commodor 64, then a pc 286, not knowing what do to with it, so started a bbs to get busy. So I also got a lot of old habits. :D

I'm from those days too. :)
Starting to play with a commodor 64, then a pc 286, not knowing what do to with it, so started a bbs to get busy. So I also got a lot of old habits. :D
Are you me in another universe? I also started on C64 and then went to a 286. :cool: Probably a common story in our generation.

Didn't start my own BBS though. Joined a local one that also offered a Usenet gateway and a way to route email to the Internet.

Probably a common story in our generation.
I don't know. In my surrounding most went first to an XT 8086. I skipped that one. :)

We didn't have a usenet gateway or e-mail because we did not have internet in that time yet. But we did have a kind of usenet-like communication system called echomail networks. Most wordwide known is Fidonet.
And Netmail which could be send directly to nodes, can be compared with e-mail or pm.
I was a great time!

Top Bottom