• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is the difference between 'Search Everything' and 'Search Threads and Posts'?

Grover

As asked before I was wondering:

Also, I still don't understand why the Advanced Screen of (A) has a button [Search Threads and Posts] which brings you to yet another Search Screen. Why can't these screens be combined into 1? What is the difference actually between them?
well, for the "Search" I anyway do not understand why there are 2 different search screens ? The "Search" and the "Search Threads and Posts".

It seems there are only a few search-options added when hitting "Search Threads and Posts".
Are those 2 different search-screens required to be separated or can those be merged into just one "Advanced Search"-page ?

[Search Everything]
Search Everything.png

[Search Threads and Posts]
Search threads and posts.png

Questions:

1: What does 'Everything' mean in 'Search Everything'? Apart from Profile comments there is no other content available on XenForo then Threads and Posts. So I was assuming that 'Everything' would mean that it also searches those Profile comments, but it doesn't. So then...:

2: What is the difference between 'Search Everything' and 'Search Threads and Posts'? It seems that we only have some more options in the [Search Threads and Posts], but why do we need 2 seperate tabs for it then?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I suspect this may be the framework for future implementation.

P.S. I've moved this to general support from suggestions.