Lack of interest Difference between creating and submitting new thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
When creating a new thread, users can use the button called Post Thread (page action). After writing the post, it is submitted using another button, also called Post Thread (from the submit row controls). In my humble opinion both buttons have a distinct meaning. Unfortunately they use the same phrase which doesn't translate very well for both options. Every now and then this results in some confusion with our users.

Is there any way for both buttons to use distinct labels/phrases?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What is the confusion exactly? I suppose it could say Submit but I fail to see the confusion. Surely they don't think they are posting it yet when they click the first button.

What is the confusion exactly?
The confusion is in the behavior of the mentioned buttons. If they carry the same label, it is to be expected that they do the same thing, which they do not. Maybe both creating and submitting a post is perfectly covered by the wording Post Thread in the English language. Since we use our own language however, this causes an inclarity as to the exact function of said buttons.

I suppose it could say Submit but I fail to see the confusion.
There might not be any confusion in the English language.

Surely they don't think they are posting it yet when they click the first button.
That is hard to say since I didn't ask every individual member ;), but I want to prevent any (new) member from having to think about the meaning of a button in the first place. There is a reason that for example the "Attach files" button is called that way. It describes what it does. You and I may be familiar with forums, what they do and how they work. Not everyone is though, expecially the newer members.

Do these members have the same issue with the log in button?

Click it once to load the form, again to submit.

Do these members have the same issue with the log in button?

Click it once to load the form, again to submit
Nope. The translation issue does not apply here.

But it does apply to the Start conversation button as well, although from the conversations popup menu footer there is a link called "Start new conversation" instead of "Start conversation". So although that link takes me to the same location (board address/conversations/add) it is labelled differently (correctly). The difference between creating and submitting is made here.

Top Bottom