Did you know you can paste an image directly into Xenforo 1.2 (without uploading) ?

Did you know you can paste an image directly into Xenforo 1.2 (without uploading) ?

• Yep

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • No, Cool feature !

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Members of my forum don't read this site so I'd imagine it's something they will never find out unless they stumble across it. o_O

Members of my forum don't read this site so I'd imagine it's something they will never find out unless they stumble across it. o_O
I have a "Have You Seen...?" forum just like here on Xenforo where I post about new and even existing features so members know what there is. It works very well.

If its not intuitive or even obvious then the design ui has failed. There are many ways to make it subtly known to users other than reading a load of how too's.

Edit the "Write your reply..." phrase to include some text about copying and pasting, dragging and dropping.

How else would you suggest the UI could be changed to make it obvious that the editor window supports that?

As a site owner/admin, it's your job to educate your members.

Edit the "Write your reply..." phrase to include some text about copying and pasting, dragging and dropping.
That's actually a pretty good suggestion. You could use it for a series of "did you know?" announcements. Do you know of the top of your head if there is there a limit on characters on the phrase?

When you say "paste" do you mean Ctrl + V? Or drag n' drop>?

Or both?

EDIT: Talking about stock XF, and not a modification, like @Brogan suggests on #8.

Both are handled - they're not related in terms of implementation. (Generally, they're not necessarily available in IE. Might not be the case with IE 10/11 though I'd need to double check.)

(Generally, they're not necessarily available in IE. Might not be the case with IE 10/11 though I'd need to double check.)
I'm using IE10.0.10 and couldn't get Ctrl+V, right click/menu paste or the snipping tool -> c&p to work. :-(

I use copy and paste almost exclusively now.

Snipping tool -> c&p, job done.

That's what I've done for most of the images on addons here, as well as some screenshots. Takes out a step, and also stops me cluttering my desktop (as that's where I save them).

So yeah, I read the HYS post the day it was posted - I liked the new feature ;) Like I said - it saved me time :P

Top Bottom