Did post edit history make it into this release?

Erm, IP.Board doesn't have it either, and it's been a requested feature over there for quite a long time.

Give the XF lads a chance. I'm sure they want to offer most people most things, but there's simply not enough time in the day to program every feature into the first major update.

I'm sure they've got post edit history on their to-do list (oh, and it's not as easy a thing to add as you might think!).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Erm, IP.Board doesn't have it either, and it's been a requested feature over there for quite a long time.

Give the XF lads a chance. I'm sure they want to offer most people most things, but there's simply not enough time in the day to program every feature into the first major update.

I'm sure they've got post edit history on their to-do list (oh, and it's not as easy a thing to add as you might think!).

Cheers,
VB haves it, at least I already saw vBulletin foruns with it.
And IPB, and many others have at least one notice when you edit the post "this post was edited by XXX on XXX".

VB haves it, at least I already saw vBulletin foruns with it.
And IPB, and many others have at least one notice when you edit the post "this post was edited by XXX on XXX".

Yes, but this thread is about post edit history - where mods/admin can look at the changes someone has made to their post and compare the differences (and even restore the original post content).

Cheers,

I can definitely appreciate the complexity that an implementation of such a feature would requiare, but it's really quite a valuable thing to have when dealing with troublesome users...

I can definitely appreciate the complexity that an implementation of such a feature would requiare, but it's really quite a valuable thing to have when dealing with troublesome users...

Oh, absolutely. I agree. Definitely useful for managing the liars who change their post content after-the-fact, and also for the ones that delete all their posts on the way out!!
It'll be more than welcome if/when it makes it to XF. :D

Yes, but this thread is about post edit history - where mods/admin can look at the changes someone has made to their post and compare the differences (and even restore the original post content).
Oh, sorry. In my post above I was saying about a note that the message has been edited (this post was edited by XXX on XXX).
Post edit history important feature too, but it's probably not an easy task.

Yes GeeksChat is right, IPB does not have this. It will stick an optional "edited by" note after a post but unlike vB it is not clickable and you don't have any access to a log which shows what was edited. Even the IPB admin/mod logs just show the action was done, but not what was edited. vB really is the clear leader in this area, giving access to versions of the edited posts including the original. With XF lacking this you really do need to trust your moderators!

Top Bottom