Dice Roller

Dice Roller [Paid] 2.3.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Delazar dice are added when you edit the post after creating it. I'm aware this isn't exactly the best solution but haven't had time to improve it

Is there a possibility to add modifiers to the script? I've loved this script ever since its creation and it works beautifully on our site, the only drawback is the lack of modifiers which make the players and the game masters having to type them in manually, to obtain the correct d6 roll.

Any progress update?
If it helps, I will buy it just to "vote with my wallet" as I would love a good dice rolling extension for XF.

That isn't supported. I've been considering improvements but haven't had a chance.
do you have plans to do this? i would love to have this one but having the users go back to edit the post may not be welcome.

I have a question. Is there a way to skin the dice to use a d100 instead of the d6? We don't use d6 on my forum. I'll understand if that's not possible, but it might be a little confusing for my players.

I have a question. Is there a way to skin the dice to use a d100 instead of the d6? We don't use d6 on my forum. I'll understand if that's not possible, but it might be a little confusing for my players.
Sure, it is just the graphic for "dice" since it is an arbitrary number of faces with the roller.

The template is diceRoller_dice which is just an inline svg with a few minor XF template replaceables. Re-skinning that is just a matter of swapping in a better dice graphic and adjusting labeling

Okay, I concede defeat. I just don't know enough about this stuff! Do I necessarily have to use an SVG? I don't understand them at all, and I'm worried about breaking something I can't fix. I've tried to convert the image I have, and can't get it to the full colors I want. If I can't do this, I worry about the code as well. Any help would be profoundly appreciated!

I'm still trying to reskin my dice. I am so nervous of breaking something. Is it possible to use a PNG instead of SVG? The SGV loses a lot of details that I want to keep. I need a lot of handholding because (as everyone knows) I am really new at coding stuff. Sorry to be such a newb!

Okay, I concede defeat. I just don't know enough about this stuff! Do I necessarily have to use an SVG? I don't understand them at all, and I'm worried about breaking something I can't fix. I've tried to convert the image I have, and can't get it to the full colors I want. If I can't do this, I worry about the code as well. Any help would be profoundly appreciated!
It is just a template, it is easy to fix. Since you should be editing the non-master copy you can just click "revert" at any time to restore the old copy.

For testing, I would recommend creating a new style that is unselectable by normal users and then editing the template there.

I'm still trying to reskin my dice. I am so nervous of breaking something. Is it possible to use a PNG instead of SVG? The SGV loses a lot of details that I want to keep. I need a lot of handholding because (as everyone knows) I am really new at coding stuff. Sorry to be such a newb!
SVG should lose detail, it is a vector graphic.

Currently this SVG is just included inline, since it has custom text on it. You could make this a png but it would lose that text. This would require editing diceRoller_post_data template and editing this bit;
XML:
        <xf:foreach loop="$diceRoll.roll" value="$dice">
            <xf:include template="diceRoller_dice" />
        </xf:foreach>
To instead embed an image.

Likely yes, it shouldn't be hard to increase the size of the svg dice images.

XML:
<svg class="diceRoller_dice_svg dice-{$dice}" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="61px" height="67px">
Change the width/height as required.

For a png/jpeg, I'ld also recommend setting a width/height as this helps avoid page reflows which google penalizes you for.

Top Bottom