XF 1.2 Diary thread/forum

RAZER

Some of our users have been asking for a way to have a diary. I know there is the blogs, but those do not show up in the new threads (as they are not threads).
The idea is to have a diary section where every user can make a thread where they can post their diaries. But there is a catch, THEY should be the only ones allowed to post anything in that tread, so there will not be a clutter of other stuff in between their diary posts.

So, is there a way to make a forum section where ONLY the thread starter can post in each thread, but EVERYBODY can start a new thread ?

People have been suggesting to me that it can be done with permissions and I'm pretty sure it can be done there, just need some help in setting that up.

Honestly, I haven't found a way to do that with the permission settings given. You can make a Node where users can only post in their own thread because it's the only one they can see, but then that means other users won't be able to read each other's Diary.

You can also make it so each user can only create a thread but cannot reply. But then this also means that the original thread starter will not be able to continue a Dairy in his or her respective thread.

You can't simply allow each user to be able to delete the posts in their thread either because this is a permission for the entire node.

Why not use a Blog service and just have a Recent Blogs on the sidebar?

Well Isabel, people have been complaining that their blogs don't get read because they don't show up in the new posts and I agree with that as I don't read the blogs myself either, even with a Recent Blogs block on the side bar. One other thing is that Blogs are in reverse order, meaning the newest post is the top one, which makes it hard to write a chronological story.

Will have to look into the Template edits.

Top Bottom