Lack of interest Diary forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Morgain

I would like to have a Diary forum.

The basic idea is a sticky thread which orders its messages not by date of posting but by the date of the event.
I imagine a post would need an inline calendar, or date boxes to fill in to complete the post (required).

Most recent at top (could be future event).
On opening the thread the viewer is automatically shown today's dated events and pagination to look further ahead or go back.

This would only carry simple announcements as it wouldn't help looking things up to have the posts cluttered with discussion.
Perhaps there could be a link to open a new thread with the same title + the word "... discussion."
If this thread has been created the link then opens it as a normal thread.
Email notification on this thread goes to the original poster of the linked message on the Diary thread.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I loathe blogs sorry. It would still need the date of event setting rather than date of wrioting, plus locate visitor on today's date.

As for where a suggestion goes I think that boundary is pretty squashy. It's really up to the devs and the coders to decide that. FRom the point of view of the proposer we can't know what's the best way to handle it. But as RevTastic is a coder her suggestion of it as a mod is interesting.

ALSO WHO TOLD YOU I WAS A SHE, I AM NO SHE!!!

Well the chances are very high that you're one or the other!
So it's about 50/50 I'll get it right whichever I pick.
Why should I assume you're male? Nothing about your avatar, username, or what you've said suggests maleness. All neutral. So I can just pick a pronoun at random.

Sounds like you're highly insulted by the idea of being assumed as female! It's not so bad you know ;) Females do have fun.

Well the chances are very high that you're one or the other!
So it's about 50/50 I'll get it right whichever I pick.
Why should I assume you're male? Nothing about your avatar, username, or what you've said suggests maleness. All neutral. So I can just pick a pronoun at random.

Sounds like you're highly insulted by the idea of being assumed as female! It's not so bad you know ;) Females do have fun.

I like how you just used taking chances and guessing as one big thing there lol. I'm using the skin here that shows what gender someone is in the postbit, could help you out a bit :P.

Also I have a link in my signature (doesn't work but meh) that says invisixenskins so that could of tipped you off.

Top Bottom