Diagonal shadow under sidebar blocks

Diagonal shadow under sidebar blocks v1

No permission to download

Shelley

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Diagonal shadow under sidebar blocks - This guide allows for a diagonal shadow under sidebar blocks.

r9h6l9j.png
View attachment 44994

Summary: This will display diagonal shadows under each block (or it should) but I must warn this depends on the type of design the sideblocks are because these shadows would not look good on the default sidebar blocks or certain designed sideblocks.

The release is basically if you have the design that calls for it and you like it then upload the image into your /gradients folder and...

Read more about this resource...

This is great Shelley and looks excellent on my sidebar!!! Thank you so much. I have one question. The shadow also shows up below my "recent threads" block in xenporta. How can I stop this from happening?
Again, thank you so much for all your great mods!

shadow.webp

Could i get a link to the page with the issue?

guessing here but you can try

Code:
#recentNews .section:after { display: none; }

wow, that looks great and gives a nice 3-D effect. (y)

not sure why, but the CSS moved my Account (the top-box containing my own avatar-image at the sidebar) to the very bottom of the sidebar.

Thanks so much !

:love:

Try adding

Code:
.visitorPanel .section:after {display: none;}

But it appears fine on my visitorpanel

Sorry.... it was a mistake on my side. I hade some issues with the Widget-Addon for the sidebar.

Shelley, your CSS-code works just perfect. (y)

:coffee:

Sorry.... it was a mistake on my side. I hade some issues with the Widget-Addon for the sidebar.

Shelley, your CSS-code works just perfect. (y)

:coffee:

Oh it's too late now I pulled my hair out 5 minutes ago. :cautious: :D

I got it working on each individual sideblock minus the board stats (that was a PIA) and looking in firebug it's coded differently from the rest with the structure differing slightly.

Oh it's too late now I pulled my hair out 5 minutes ago. :cautious: :D

I got it working on each individual sideblock minus the board stats (that was a PIA) and looking in firebug it's coded differently from the rest with the structure differing slightly.

LOL ... you still have more hair than most guys here on XF :D;)

I checked again and the "bd Widget Framework Addon" is actually causing the issues, e.g.: at the "Members-Tab" your "shadow-image" shows twice at the "Find Member Box".
Hopefully we can get some Widgets in XF-core, as some Addons seem not to be properly coded.....

Anyway, the graphics and CSS of Shelley are superb :)

It would be great to also have this shadow-image at the "Node-List", so that it looks consistent with the sidebar.

How would I go about to apply this shadow towards the "Node-List" ?

Appreciate your help!

:)

It would be great to also have this shadow-image at the "Node-List", so that it looks consistent with the sidebar.

How would I go about to apply this shadow towards the "Node-List" ?

Appreciate your help!

:)

You will need for someone to post another resource to get support for that I'm afraid, since this is purely for the sidebar.

I was going to post something i just did but i don't want to support it so I'll leave that for someone else to post, sorry.

doesn't work on RTL styles.

Edit: Sorry, it worked after several refreshes.

Last edited:
try in this way to visitorpanel (y)

Code:
.section.visitorPanel:after {
    display: none !important;
}

Top Bottom