Diablo 3 - Verdict (Poopy)

Shelley

After giving it some praise, it's becoming repetitive and boring now with the only goal to build up my levels. Completed it on normal, now I'm on nightmare mode with my level 37 Demon hunter which quite frankly, couldn't fight herself out of a wet paper bag.

If I were to describe Diablo 3 in word that word would be "disappointment". I've pre-purchased Torchlight 2 a month or so ago so hopefully this fairs a little better than Diablo 3 aka "Kicked out of game whilst in mid battle on a daily basis because the servers can't cope".

So what are your thoughts on this game? Liking it, disappointed after a 10 year wait? *boots up Diablo 3*

I don't like D3 without even playing it. When information started coming out last fall I realized it was a poor game. Then when I saw the closed beta my feelings were confirmed. And playing the open beta was further confirmation. I didn't buy it. It makes me sad because I was planning to run a D3 guild. The reality is that D2 is a better game (which I still play).

Just picked it up on Sunday and so far so good, but I'm already afraid of the repetitiveness. My friends who have been at it since launch say they just take breaks to go to other games, then come back and it's still refreshing.

I wonder if there's any sort of Cow level like there was in D2? ;p

I don't like D3 without even playing it. When information started coming out last fall I realized it was a poor game. Then when I saw the closed beta my feelings were confirmed. And playing the open beta was further confirmation. I didn't buy it. It makes me sad because I was planning to run a D3 guild. The reality is that D2 is a better game (which I still play).

So it's not just me being overly critical then. The only good thing is i got my copy cheap at the blockbusters store for £34.99 but overall, deeply disappointed, blizzard may very well get away with selling this game and breaking record sales, they won't get away with it again I'd imagine. It's just so boring and has nothing going for it, it's really that repetitive.

Are you on West? I still have a ton of items (Bunch of ebugs and 08/classic items).

All my accounts are just rotated through a bot a friend made to keep them alive on my home server, I could honestly give a crap anymore ;p.

Just picked it up on Sunday and so far so good, but I'm already afraid of the repetitiveness. My friends who have been at it since launch say they just take breaks to go to other games, then come back and it's still refreshing.

After giving it some praise, it's becoming repetitive and boring now with the only goal to build up my levels. Completed it on normal, now I'm on nightmare mode with my level 37 Demon hunter which quite frankly, couldn't fight herself out of a wet paper bag.

If I were to describe Diablo 3 in word that word would be "disappointment". I've pre-purchased Torchlight 2 a month or so ago so hopefully this fairs a little better than Diablo 3 aka "Kicked out of game whilst in mid battle on a daily basis because the servers can't cope".

So what are your thoughts on this game? Liking it, disappointed after a 10 year wait? *boots up Diablo 3*

I heard from my friends who work for Blizzard that D3 was going to be unimpressive, and not follow the original concept they had started back in 2001.

It would make a great single player game, but as far as a multiplayer it is extremely lacking and way too dated to work, and doesn't have the benefit of D2's PvP system, which is a major reason why people played it so long.

Are you on West? I still have a ton of items (Bunch of ebugs and 08/classic items).

All my accounts are just rotated through a bot a friend made to keep them alive on my home server, I could honestly give a crap anymore ;p.

I am on west. But I just play single player anymore (offline). The online community is too polluted. The game is much more fun when you beat it solo (which is extremely difficult). I am currently using a build I created 9 years ago:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9061

What is the pvp system like? if any? Haven't dug too deep and am at work so I'm curious to find out meow.

What is the pvp system like? if any? Haven't dug too deep and am at work so I'm curious to find out meow.

PvP isn't released yet :rolleyes:.

They pushed to get the game out way too quickly, and they've got more bugs than GW2, which is still in beta (There were a few lag issues, but they have a overflow server that tends to work out well).

I am on west. But I just play single player anymore (offline). The online community is too polluted. The game is much more fun when you beat it solo (which is extremely difficult). I am currently using a build I created 9 years ago:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9061

Yeah, I use to play single player a lot on Diablo II, also Open Battle.net where I would hexedit all my characters (I use to do Teen dueling, which is where you need to be level 13 but with the same capabilities of a supreme or elite (Which go up to level 2billion)).

I did Closed as well, but there is way too much drama there and I got fedup with it around the same time I gave away my last big community. About the only useful part of Diablo II was the money I made off selling rare items (I still have items people pay $400-500 for).

Not impressed either by D3. Can hardly convince myself to login after playing through normal and parts of nightmare.

Torchlight 2 beta was more fun though and while it was running I wasn't even looking at D3 :)

Big waste of $60!
I agree
Once I killed Diablo, I was shocked that there was not more to the game.
Seeing as how it is online only, I was expecting a much larger world to explore but I was completely disappointed with the very limited game play.
They expect people to want to play the exact same content over and over just harder and harder? Apparently.

Very big waste of $60.

And yes, Torchlight 2 seems much more promising.
Torchlight 1 was tons of fun.

Personally I am waiting for Guild Wars 2 to finally release.
The beta's are a lot of fun.

It's a loot game so it will get repetitive, which is why I'm picking up Battlefield 3 for the PC next week due to not enough players for it on the 360 :P.

Also I take breaks from it so when I do play it again it is refreshing, I go from Diablo 3 to minecraft to skyrim to CS:GO beta, etc.

It's a loot game so it will get repetitive, which is why I'm picking up Battlefield 3 for the PC next week due to not enough players for it on the 360 :p.

Also I take breaks from it so when I do play it again it is refreshing, I go from Diablo 3 to minecraft to skyrim to CS:GO beta, etc.

The previous diablos are well known for their gaming longevity keeping and retaining the gamers interest or atleast that was what I got from it. Diablo 3 fails in this department and fails miserably. You'll see what I mean because the first 3-4 days it was interesting but when you've completed the first difficulty level you'll notice the repetitive with the only goal being that of building up your character and even then when you've reached level 60 that's as far as the levels of your character can achieve.

I'm eagerly waiting for Torchlight 2 so all is not lost at £14 you also get a free copy of torchlight via steam if you pre purchase now.

They expect people to want to play the exact same content over and over just harder and harder? Apparently.

That worked for D1 and D2. But D3 fails to really engage the player so the repetition becomes boring instead of serving the greater gameplay, which D3 doesn't have. No skill and stat points is an example. The game asks nothing of the player in developing their character. It's like watching TV. Totally passive entertainment. That's why repetition fails to deliver this time.

Diablo is basically just a chat client, and has been since D2's release. It's a nice game to revisit occasionally, but not to play consistently for that long.

Diablo II was successful due to the PvP system, and later the ladder system. The PvP for D2 is pretty much unmatched by any other game, as the system isn't entirely item based (I use to PvP on ladder with a dual bartuc assassin 7v1), and can be balanced out with skill, or with balanced stats (fhr, fcr, ias).

Barb vs Barb and Zon vs Zon dueling is still probably popular, and possibly low level dueling (12-17). Classic also has some people, but that was pretty much dead 3-4 years ago.

Diablo III probably will have a PvP system similar to WoW's, which is just completely and utterly boring. D3 is basically just a rehash of older ideas without any originality with better graphics to sugarcoat the cost.

Yes, there is ;) It's called Whimsyshire, and is very cartoonish. You'll have to battle unicorns, flowers, and other cuddlies. It's actually a lot of fun.

I played the open beta, and mostly was impressed with the quality of the graphics, and how well the engine handles itself, with walls opening up to allow the player to continue having an overview. The cinematics are simply amazingly well done, and absolutely gorgeous and detailed.

What makes D3 different to D2 is the way levels are rendered. Every level you enter will have some randomized dungeons appear. As in: There might be 8 different dungeons, and 2 of them will appear per game. These instances will have you meet different bosses, different NPCs, and possibly different books of Lore or creature information.

If you try getting into Whimsyshire, you'll see what I mean.

Yes, it has the same repetition as D2, and eventually, it will become just another grind, but that did not grow old for me in D2, and I'm not yet bored of D3. Beyond NightMare, the unique and Set items are supposed to start dropping, so there's lots more to discover for me at the time (just started NM).

I also intend to see how far I can get with completeing the achievements, and trying out different classes.

Apart from the technical issues that initially plagued the game, and despite the steep 60 USD price, I still am enjoying it. And heck, I can live with the bugs. I have been playing Entropia Universe for 7 years, and that's just about as bad as games get, bug-wise.

After playing Diablo 3 now for a while I think it is not boring at all. Sure you will play the same content over and over again, but hey ... like Diablo 2 :)

I now have with one char finished hell and startet playing in inferno. So this is fun ... in my opinion it is really hard and gives me lots of challenges to master. My second char is in the middle of hell and gives me just another great gameplay.

Personally I think the new Skill System is just great. So I could try different builds, which often gives me a completly different gameplay. Beside the Battle.net problems with Error 37 and others, I think multiplay is great implemented in Diablo 3.

I go online see if a friend is online, if yes I can quick join his game or if nobody is online I start my own and waiting for friends coming online. Really simple but great.

So over all I did not get bored until now and I hope I will have another 10 years of great Diablo feeling and gameplay! Just like Diablo 2 :)

Benny

Ill join you on torchlight 2 since we never got to play diablo :D

Top Bottom