Resource icon

Developer Kit 1.1

No permission to download
I've run into a "bug" :)

If you delete an addon, the cookie "edit_addon_id" is still present and without deleting it, you're getting following error on the phrase page, because it's failing to find the addon directory
Code:
Can't find directory of the addon.
It is supposed to be '/library/Foo' or '/library/XXX/Foo'.
You may copy the files to the supposed dir to make it work.

Possible fix:
PHP:
if ($addOnId == '') {
$addOnId = (XenForo_Helper_Cookie::getCookie('edit_addon_id')) ? (XenForo_Helper_Cookie::getCookie('edit_addon_id')) : 'All';
}
and validate here, that an addon with this addon_id is installed, if not use 'All'

Hope this helps:)

Hi Guiltar, is it possible to include the name of the core file in which a phrase has been found?

Still love this add-on :)

Works great for 1.2 Beta.

Only thing I would say, is that it doesn't pick up phrases that have been added to templates via template modifications. If it's possible, would make it even more awesome :)

@guiltar

In case you haven't seen it, I submitted a pull request on your Developer Kit repository on github. It includes some additional code to pick up phrases in the default XenForo template modification system.

Still love this add-on :)

Works great for 1.2 Beta.

Only thing I would say, is that it doesn't pick up phrases that have been added to templates via template modifications. If it's possible, would make it even more awesome :)

Is this still working for you in 1.2 gold ? I just installed it, but I don't see the Developer kit link under the dev tab.

There has never been a developer kit link under the Development tab.

If you're looking for things to do with phrases then that's just in Appearance > Phrases

It is intended, it seems.

Turn on Debug Mode go to Admin CP > Development > Admin Templates and I think it's DevKit.css - clear this and it will remove all customisations. That's what I did :)

Great add-on, guiltar, but definitely not ideal to force a style change on people. Would definitely be better as an option :)

Ahh, it must of been an early version included in this shot in the RM, look below in the sidebar >
111222-png.25464

@guiltar

Any possibility of making this so it fetches only the front-end and back-end(admincp) phrases? Most of the time when I'm translating, I like to translate the front-end which is what my user sees, for me I prefer in english in the admin control panel.

Thanks?

@guiltar

Any possibility of making this so it fetches only the front-end and back-end(admincp) phrases? Most of the time when I'm translating, I like to translate the front-end which is what my user sees, for me I prefer in english in the admin control panel.

Thanks?
Won't happening as XenForo doesn't differ between frontend and admin cp phrases.

You could edit DevKit_ControllerAdmin_Language

search for
PHP:
  $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($adminTemplates, $phrases);
and remove it
PHP:
  $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($publicTemplates, $phrases);
    $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($modifications, $phrases);

then only the public templates will be searched for phrases:)

You could edit DevKit_ControllerAdmin_Language

search for
PHP:
  $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($adminTemplates, $phrases);
and remove it
PHP:
  $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($publicTemplates, $phrases);
    $this->_findPhrasesInTemplates($modifications, $phrases);

then only the public templates will be searched for phrases:)
That didn't work for me, could it have something to do with cache? Should I try to run the install xml file after the editing the language file?

@guiltar

Don't forget I sent you a pull request with regards to this on GitHub.

The code is already written for you so that your Developer Kit would now find missing phrases used in XenForo 1.2.X template modifications.

Ironically, the phrase 'Untranslated' (only in the drop-down menu, though) is hard-coded and thus untranslateable.

untranslated.webp

Top Bottom