Designing on xenForo

kjetterman

Just out of curiosity (and I do not expect you guys to have all of the answers yet), how easy will this product be to design on? I mean... will we have to go through a mess of WYSIWYG controls or StyleVars in order to get a decent design or will this product enable us to get right to the CSS and such in an *easy* manner (if you know what I mean)?

I believe there is some form of a stylevars style system because it has been said changing the entire color scheme can be done without any CSS changes... But I have suspicission it will actually be much better than the mess of a system that vBulletin have...

As for the rest of the styling it has been hinted that is VERY easy... and I hope to agree :D

I doubt its going to be anything like MyBB. They even copied vBulletin's file names.

I wouldn't say copied... It is synaptic and best naming protocall... plus you have to consider that a big proportion of vB 3.x was their good work so it is natural that some of the vB aspects will carry over.

I wouldn't say copied... It is synaptic and best naming protocall... plus you have to consider that a big proportion of vB 3.x was their good work so it is natural that some of the vB aspects will carry over.
When we first saw MyBB at Jelsoft, we were rather amused, as you could run vBulletin with a MyBB database or MyBB with a vBulletin database, the schema was identical.

When we first saw MyBB at Jelsoft, we were rather amused, as you could run vBulletin with a MyBB database or MyBB with a vBulletin database, the schema was identical.
That's one way of saying what you mean :) I guess the lawyers at Jelsoft never saw any bread in pursuing them then?

Top Bottom