Design feedback: Dream

John

Hello all. Been working on a design here and there as I've had time and now have it to a point where it's just about ready and would love to hear what other's think about it :) The skin is called "Dream" and can be viewed here.

Thanks for looking :)

Its different and nice. But I wouldn't use it. Imho, there's too many light colours like you are in a dream. I'd like to wake up at some point. :D

It is a bit trippy. :)
index.webp

I like it, but I do have one suggestion: since everything else is rounded, I would add a border-radius around to the purple boxes around the node list. Nice work. :D

It's very creative..just a little too bright up top for my eyes. I think many people will have a hard time focusing on the actual content rather than the logo.

True, paying for minor color changes is stupid (this one isn't just minor color changes, btw...nor will it be a paid for skin but a freebie). One thing to keep in mind, however. XF is still in beta so I don't think the community will be seeing very complex or price worthy skins until after it is released as stable. I'm not bothered by constructive criticism. I've been doing skins longer than some around here have been using the internet. I don't, however, have any use for those who just make short negative remarks and nothing else. If you don't like something, fine, but if you have nothing to offer to help improve something move along ;) When someone asks for feedback, they aren't interested in negativity that doesn't help them improve.

True, paying for minor color changes is stupid (this one isn't just minor color changes, btw...nor will it be a paid for skin but a freebie). One thing to keep in mind, however. XF is still in beta so I don't think the community will be seeing very complex or price worthy skins until after it is released as stable. I'm not bothered by constructive criticism. I've been doing skins longer than some around here have been using the internet. I don't, however, have any use for those who just make short negative remarks and nothing else. If you don't like something, fine, but if you have nothing to offer to help improve something move along ;) When someone asks for feedback, they aren't interested in negativity that doesn't help them improve.
I completely agree.

Additionally, promoting another design business, and promoting your cause, in this thread, AlexandrosD, is out of line.

The OP asked for opinions on this style.

Christ john your getting a much warmer response than I got, I got slated for saying short sharp "ugh" "blah" "great style" "bad style" responses help nobody that constructive negative feedback is actually good feedback. I completely agree with you btw.

Christ john your getting a much warmer response than I got, I got slated for saying short sharp "ugh" "blah" "great style" "bad style" responses help nobody that constructive negative feedback is actually good feedback. I completely agree with you btw.
Hehe, well from you that kind of negative feedback would tell me loads ;) I'm still awaiting your critique :p

I intended to provide, you got it right at first, some constructive criticism. I linked to articles and sites created by designers for designers, aimed for any goodwill designer to improve.
Don't get me wrong. Just because I don't post emoticons, doesn't mean that I am negative.
I wasn't directing my comments about 'negativity' towards you, btw ;)

Top Bottom