Not a bug Description of user field 'facebook' not displayed

I can't reproduce this. It shows up as expected for me (once I add it and put it on the registration page). There are a couple things to check:
  1. There's no description by default, so I assume you've added one. If so, how did you add it?
  2. Has your description been translated in a language you've installed?

Hi,
  • There's no description by default, so I assume you've added one. If so, how did you add it?
  • Has your description been translated in a language you've installed?
  • I added the description using admin.php?user-fields/facebook/edit
  • as I added the description using the user fields edit functionality, no, as I don't know the phrase which is being used
p.s.
for new fields I added manually it is working as expected, but not for the facebook one (didn't try the other existing ones)

Please search your phrases for customizations of the "user_field_facebook" and "user_field_facebook_desc" phrases. I suspect you'll find this has been "translated" there (to be empty).

Ok, but it is still an inconsistency, for newly created user fields the description exists for all installed languages, all description changes done in the admin.php?user-fields edit screen are reflected in the specific phrase for all languages. For the existing user fields (e.g. facebook) only the english language is adjusted. This doesn't make sense and is misleading in the case the ACP language is not english.

The value you define with a field is the default value that applies to all languages. You can choose to override this in specific languages. This is an action that has to be taken explicitly and that is what has happened here. (It would have been taken by the language pack author, but it's still explicitly decided as the action.)

Top Bottom