Deny Country [Deleted]

I initially had success with stopping spammers from registering with this add-on, but now the same spammers have changed to signing up via a proxy.

When I check the spammers ip address at whatismyipaddress.com, it shows as a "confirmed proxy server".

Could this add-on also prevent registrations made via a proxy?
That's a good idea. Let me try to find solution for this.
Or if anyone has idea what PHP code should be used, you can post in this thread :)

Unfortunately yes. :( But they can't post thread.
I removed social login and i edited the error text to "The site registration is disabled,we don't accept new registrations" If i leave the default text they will see that i have closed countries and can use vpn :P

Just playing with people minde :P

Just noting that I had a couple countries blocked far, far away but somebody in New York, with a New York IP address, was getting blocked. I disabled the plugin for now...

Just noting that I had a couple countries blocked far, far away but somebody in New York, with a New York IP address, was getting blocked. I disabled the plugin for now...
Have you tried to update the IP database with the latest one?
The IP database that came with this add on is very outdated.

Have you tried to update the IP database with the latest one?
The IP database that came with this add on is very outdated.
Hey. I never noticed this until now. How do I update the IP database?

Here's a feature suggestion in case you're interested. For me, most of the spam I get comes from China. This means it happens while I'm sleeping. I'd love it if I could schedule the plugin to activate during specific hours. This way - if and when there's an issue where good IPs are being blocked - it's only happening during off-peak hours...

Hey. I never noticed this until now. How do I update the IP database?
Please check the FAQ section here :)
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/semprot-deny-country.2866/field?field=faq

Here's a feature suggestion in case you're interested. For me, most of the spam I get comes from China. This means it happens while I'm sleeping. I'd love it if I could schedule the plugin to activate during specific hours. This way - if and when there's an issue where good IPs are being blocked - it's only happening during off-peak hours...
That is interesting idea. I am considering it. :)

Hi,

Is it possible to block new post/conversation reply, new conversation, new profile post also?

Thanks!

Top Bottom