Demo Forum on own webspace possible to test import?

johon

Hi there,

I'm looking forward to change my board software from vBulletin to an other software and Xenforo is obviously the logical successor.
But I have a quite large forum (~ 17.000 users, ~500,000 posts) with many addons and would like to check the new software with a non public test forum before buying ist.

Is there a possibility to get a test version to install it on my server?

Regards
Jo

We do not provide such a demo version.

We don't explicitly block the import process on our demo server but it is possible to encounter a number of issues in trying to do so, therefore it isn't officially supported.

We do maintain a reasonable refund policy, however, so if a show stopper was to arise, then we should be able to come to some sort of arrangement there.

I would say, however, the important thing in terms of deciding on your next software may not be the ability to import your data (which is tried and tested and almost guaranteed to work) but it's to ensure you're purchasing a software that meets all your needs (from a functional perspective). In this sense, the online demo is usually suited to determining this.

Hi there,

I'm looking forward to change my board software from vBulletin to an other software and Xenforo is obviously the logical successor.
But I have a quite large forum (~ 17.000 users, ~500,000 posts) with many addons and would like to check the new software with a non public test forum before buying ist.

Regards
Jo

I might be wrong, but there are a number of large 1,000,000+ size vBulletin boards that migrated to XenForo successfully.

Hi there,

Regards
Jo

The number of posts won't be an issue and migration from VB is very robust (which version of VB?).

The addons will be an issue. You'll need to find similar addons here and might also need some sort of importer for them if they use custom data (or just drop them if they're not vital).

Top Bottom