XF 1.4 Deleting own posts

Valhalla

If a member creates a thread and they delete the post (assuming they have permission), will only that post be removed, or will it remove the entire thread? I presume it is the former because I also see a 'Delete thread by self' permission.

Regardless of the above, when a user can delete their own post, will it always be visible to "staff members" as if the post had been soft-deleted?

Thanks,

Edit: I think the answers are 'only that post will be removed' and 'yes'.

Last edited:
If a member creates a thread and they delete the post (assuming they have permission), will only that post be removed, or will it remove the entire thread?

The entire thread.

Regardless of the above, when a user can delete their own post, will it always be visible to "staff members" as if the post had been soft-deleted?

Provided they don't have the ability to permanently delete posts, they will be soft-deleted.

Follow up question to this. There is also a "delete own thread by self" permission but I do not see a time limit for this. Is the time limit unlimited? Or does the setting "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes)" apply to to the delete own thread permission? thanks in advanced.

Top Bottom