MG 2.1 Deleting an album leaves media behind

Urfe

I'm having an issue where users can still view media that was contained in an album that got deleted.

1. Create a personal album and add a ton of media.
2. Go to your profile and see the media in the "postings" tab.
3. Click into the newly created album and delete it using the delete link.
4. Check the profile "postings" tab from before, this time as another non-admin user. The media from the deleted album remains.
5. Click into a deleted media item.
6. See a banner at the top that says "Media item is contained within a deleted album".

Why are these media items still visible to other normal users with the "Media item is contained within a deleted album" text? Is there a permission or setting I should check or verify? The permissions and user settings all look correct to me and I'm stuck.

Running the latest version of Xenforo and MG 2.1

If you soft-delete an album, that could be a temporary action (the album can be undeleted) so we treat the media as soft-deleted too. There are permissions to control it. There might be a bug, however:

If you soft-delete an album, that could be a temporary action (the album can be undeleted) so we treat the media as soft-deleted too. There are permissions to control it. There might be a bug, however:

I’ve carefully read through the permissions a and unless aim missing something think It’s a bug. I have have the exact same issue as linked. Regular non-admin users are getting that message and able to view the photos. Obviously I can’t give regular users the ability to hard delete.

Attached are my permissions for Registered users. Am I misunderstanding something?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.54.05 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.54.05 PM.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.54.24 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 5.54.24 PM.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom