XF 1.4 Deleted old promotions behaviour

Sunka

I have some old promotions on my forum. I want to have fresh start for new promotions.
My question is what is right procedure for doing that?

Let me explain...

My plan in steps:
  1. delete all old promotions
  2. move out all users from their secondary usergroups, so that all users will be only in primary Registered usergroup
  3. create new promotions
  4. run "rebuild user group promotions"

Is there will be problem than because of old promotions user logs in database, or problems from anything in past concerning old promotions or manual promotions?

Also, if in above case criteria for promotion to group A is 10 posts, and for group B is 20 posts, will be user with 30 posts automatically be promoted to both usergroups or in two crons?

If usergroups promotions are connected (one of criteria for group C is to be part of group B), is user going to be demoted from both usergroups if he does not met all criteria anymore for promotion to usergroup B (in case that he is in that moment in usergroups B and C)?

As per your other thread, if you delete the promotion the members will stay in the promoter user groups.

Either change the promotion name and criteria, or manually demote all promoted members before deleting the promotion.

I am confused now, sorry.
I jus want first to move all users to registered group only, delete old promotions, than create new promotions which will move users to secondary usergroups.

@Mike, I manually remove users from all usergroups, then I setup new promotions, but even some of users met criteria for promotion but they are not promoted.
Criterias are:
have at least 20 posts
User has been registered for at least 3 days

In promotion history, that users shows up like they have been promoted, but even if I rebuild caches (user caches and user group promotions) , on front end they are still only in registered default usergroup.

Could anyone help?

@Mike, I manually remove users from all usergroups, then I setup new promotions, but even some of users met criteria for promotion but they are not promoted.
Criterias are:
have at least 20 posts
User has been registered for at least 3 days

In promotion history, that users shows up like they have been promoted, but even if I rebuild caches (user caches and user group promotions) , on front end they are still only in registered default usergroup.

Could anyone help?
Promotions only apply to recently active users. When a user next logs in, the promotion will kick in.

If you want it to apply to all users now, rebuild the user group promotions in Rebuild Caches in the ACP.

In promotion history, that users shows up like they have been promoted
Are you saying they're listed as promoted but aren't actually in the group? Have you used this group for programmatic addition other than with promotions? Are you sure all promotions that involved this group previously have been removed?

rebuild the user group promotions in Rebuild Caches in the ACP
I did that

Are you saying they're listed as promoted but aren't actually in the group? Have you used this group for programmatic addition other than with promotions? Are you sure all promotions that involved this group previously have been removed?
Yep.
I have installed @Waindigo promotion addon. I uninstalled that addon, than I remove all users secondary groups so users are only with their primary group (Registered). Than I create promotion and run cron, rebuild usergroup promotion cache too.
Users are listed in ACP in promotion history that they are promoted, but when you click in ACP to edit user, you see that they are not member of any secondary group, just primary.

Is there some user promotion log in database that need to be deleted, or something else?

Should I delete promotion and create new with same settings?
Please help. Many users are now just in default group, with basic permissions.

Please submit a ticket with phpMyAdmin access details. This would imply there's some other data hanging around related to the user being in that group. Deleting the promotion should normally clean it up, but since you mentioned you used an add-on, it may be an issue with that add-on not clean up data as expected.

Top Bottom