delete PC

Ajaxboy

opt-in option in the admin for groups ability to delete their own PC messages, and maybe delete other PC messages (for mods and admins).

Some times you want to delete stuff on a PC, and also some times firefox is running so slow that u hit the button multiple times and causes the message to be posted several times so I think this is a feature that it is needed. It is not high priority but it is still needed some times

Upvote 17
Seems odd that the Devs do not seem to accept that this is a problem that is only going to get worse - or at least provide a comment here. The lack of control for the Admin is a big issue.

I think Categories - folders - are important too - to help locate Conversations both to check something AND to identify those for deletion.
Ability to move Conversations between folders
Then I could make a Recycle folder- I send stuff to when I read it when I know it's no use to me - or I answer it but no need to keep it.
Then I delete it at intervals and start again.
But that's a workaround so - Even better a Recycle bin I can click to empty it.

But I think folders are important as part of gaining contrl of Conversations, as well as batch delete.
But ALSO the participants names to appear otherswise very difficult to identiofy what to delete accurately.
These 3 things - show participants / folders/ recycle bin folder .... would give us control urgently needed.

I see you guys saying you can delete a PC one at a time but I don't see that feature. I only see that you can leave the conversation. How do I delete one?

I ask because I had one mass PMs that were converted to group PCs and now if someone replies to one of them, instead of just me getting the message, 500 members are getting notified. in the mean time I've gone thru & locked them but I would have rather deleted them.

Yeah but that relies on all participants to press the leave conversation button. It would be nice for admins (or anyone really) to be able to just press delete conversation.

Especially in his circumstance where there are 500 members per PC. It is very unlikely that all participants will ever leave those conversations.

I ended up making an addon that makes people auto-leave conversations if there have been no replies in more than a year. When I get some time, I'll see about wrapping it up into something installable.

You could of course argue that it would be nice to have them there forever for reference purposes... but my site gets more than 2 PMs for every post (we've seen close to 50,000,000 PMs pass through the system)... Do I really want to keep 40GB worth of old PMs in the database? No, not really...

Also, since XenForo has no search function for conversations, the ability to even *find* something old you are looking for is pretty difficult.

The number of conversations isn't a configurable option.

Once all participants have left a conversation, it is automatically deleted as part of a routine cron task.

I will bump this old thread. The sentence should have "if" in it.
If all participants have left a conversation, it is automatically deleted as part of a routine cron task.

Now don't get me wrong, what would possibly make the users and lets be honest - lazy ones, to get into an old Convo and press the link?

The answer is: Nothing.

At list, please consider the limitation of numbers of Convos one can have stored, one tiny option for all the forum and usergroups.

Not being able to delete pc messages is really stupid. I made a double post, no link to remove it.

Please add this.
+1

I don't want my PCs deleted...organization is one thing...but I use convos to help people from xf privately...having old convos helps me find where we left off on their site or what I have done. Granted, I have copies of everything I have done just in case, but removing them from here will just screw with me and I will constantly have to switch back and forth between here and where I have copies stored making the whole process much more long winded.

I just finished importing a large community (4 million post). However I was surprised to learn that the site had over 7 million PM's.

Don't know if it was all spammers from their old IP.Board or just a community that is more talkative in person, but they could use such a feature I think.

So yes, please. :)

It would be nice if the Admin had some Conversation trim/management functionality. I'd like to trim conversations for users that haven't been active on my website for over 1yr. I would like to leave only 10 newest conversations in their Inbox...

It would be nice if the Admin had some Conversation trim/management functionality. I'd like to trim conversations for users that haven't been active on my website for over 1yr. I would like to leave only 10 newest conversations in their Inbox...

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/icewind-conversation-tools.2882/

That add-on does not go by last active date, but by last conversation reply date, so you should find it useful in removing old conversations. Read the overview and included read-me file before installing, as you can inadvertently delete all conversations (dependent on the settings you choose). Also it shows you the number of PC's in your database plus replies. Note, that it also adds three new conversation permissions that you will need to set.

Top Bottom