1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

delete PC

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Ajaxboy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Ajaxboy

Ajaxboy Active Member

opt-in option in the admin for groups ability to delete their own PC messages, and maybe delete other PC messages (for mods and admins).

Some times you want to delete stuff on a PC, and also some times firefox is running so slow that u hit the button multiple times and causes the message to be posted several times so I think this is a feature that it is needed. It is not high priority but it is still needed some times
    maszd, Biker, SnoSheriff and 14 others like this.
  2. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I agree. :D
  3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

There is an add-on for that Treasurer. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tlk-readpc.15460/
    maszd likes this.
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Need the ability to multiple delete IMO with checkboxes or something ..
    Ranger375 and Alien like this.
  5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You can delete your own pc's now, one at a time.
    I do agree that we need to be able to delete multiple, or all, pc's, in one action.
    I also believe that this has been suggested at least a couple of times.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Even better would be an option to auto-delete after xxx days of no new messages in the conversation. We've had over 42,000,000 PMs pass through our existing system, and I suspect users will use the conversation system even more since it's better.
  7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

no auto delete without the option to move conversations into folders or to save them...

i would be extremly pissed if i would lose some important messages because of auto deletion!
    dieketzer and soloarquitectura like this.
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

That's what we do on our current vB... auto-deletion of PMs after 90 days... but 365 days if the user moved it to a PM folder.
  9. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

My PC box is full of junk and it's extremely frustrating to delete each of the PC's one by one. A mass delete option would help big time.
    AndyB and Alien like this.
  10. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

Is there any means to limit the number of PM's (conversations) that a user may have?
    I believe that leaving the conversation will soft delete it but how are these conversations physically deleted?
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The number of conversations isn't a configurable option.

Once all participants have left a conversation, it is automatically deleted as part of a routine cron task.
  12. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

So a conversation between 2 people - as soon as one leaves - it will be deleted? Surely it doesn't require both the have to end it??
    Otherwise what controls does the Admin have at his disposal?
  13. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

No, only when ALL participants leave.
  14. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

OK thanks.
    So, no upper limit to the number of permitted conversations and no ability to enforce the deletion of conversations.
    1) Can the Admin have the means to see how many conversations are out there and the space being utilized etc?
    2) Can an Admin see by user how many conversations exist?
    3) Can conversations be restricted in any way on a per user basis?

Basically what control does the Admin have?
    Alien likes this.
  15. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I believe I saw that PC's handling attachments is either here in 1.1 or coming very soon.
    The space issue will therefore become even more pressured for many admins.
    Alien likes this.
  16. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

Yes I agree.
    Brogan - any thoughts on this? Are there any controls for the Admin here?
  17. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

I need this delete deal, like inline delete by selecting... I get 30-40 pm's per day... I currently have 20 pages of pm's and I frown everytime
    I try to clearn them out
  18. Mancunian

Mancunian Member

Could we possibly get a Developer response to this problem and what option exist till such time as it can be formally addressed?
  19. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Looks like this will have to be covered by an add-on as there are no plans to cover it in the core code.
    Over to the coders zone!
  20. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I have 70 pages of personal messages and a moderator said he had 50... Imagine how difficult the deletion process is... I hope some bulk management comes to XenForo soon.