As designed Delete option in soft deleted threads

imthebest

I have a thread that I want to delete so I proceed and enter "test1" as the reason. Then even when the thread is already deleted I'm still allowed to "delete" it again. This doesn't make sense. In vBulletin you get an error message stating: "you didn't selected any valid posts".

Also, if you try to "delete" it again and specify "test2" as the reason the system keeps the original reason of the first deletion. This is weird.

I can't seem to confirm this, and I'm not really understanding the report, either.

You can delete soft-deleted threads again because they've only been soft-deleted.

The link still exists so you can permanently delete a post / thread if you so choose (and have permissions) without the requiring you to undelete the post.

I got it, sorry for the bad report. But regarding this part:

Also, if you try to "delete" it again and specify "test2" as the reason the system keeps the original reason of the first deletion. This is weird.

Is this intentional? I mean if you attempt to soft deleted an already soft deleted thread to update it's deletion reason the reason keeps the same as the first one specified.

In general, that is intentional. As the action has already been taken, you aren't doing anything to it so it is silently skipped.

Top Bottom