"Delete As Spam"

RyanC

I'm getting ready to migrate a very large forum from VB to Xenforo. As part of that, I'm preparing moderators... One of the things I've noticed is that Xenforo doesn't seem to have a feature that allows you to delete a post and automatically ban a user like the VB feature of "Delete as Spam."

Is this really the case?

How do you guys quickly delete spam and ban a user? Is there a proper workflow?

Thanks,

Ryan

I have. That appears to be a protective tool. What I am wanting is something that makes it easy for a moderator to delete a post as spam and automatically ban the user that posted it.... more of a reactive tool...

I have. That appears to be a protective tool. What I am wanting is something that makes it easy for a moderator to delete a post as spam and automatically ban the user that posted it.... more of a reactive tool...

Nope, the spam cleaner does that... What do you think the spam cleaner does?

It's hard for me to tell exactly... I know when I check a post to delete, I am not given an option to "spam clean" or "delete as spam."

The spam cleaner is run against a user. All the posts, conversations, profile posts etc. by that user are deleted and the user is banned, and submitted to the setup anti-spam databases.

You can spam clean by clicking the link on a post, or from a user profile.

Make sure the user has permissions to run the spam cleaner.

That makes sense. BUT, what if a user gets by all that and posts spam. I want to delete that spam and ban the user. As it stands, I have to delete the post and then go to the user's profile and ban the user. As far as I can tell, there is no way to delete the post and ban the user in one step as with VB.

That makes sense. BUT, what if a user gets by all that and posts spam. I want to delete that spam and ban the user. As it stands, I have to delete the post and then go to the user's profile and ban the user. As far as I can tell, there is no way to delete the post and ban the user in one step as with VB.

NO! The spam cleaner deletes spam content. It doesn't check spam content, it is run by a member against the user and deletes that members content when it is run.

The cleaner deletes and bans in one go!

Selection_007.webp

Have a look at this screenshot. The option to ban the spammer is the one before last.

Attachments

• spam.webp
    spam.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 12
First, thank you guys so much for being patient with me. Seriously.

How do I get to that spam cleaner overlay?

Click the 'Spam' link. On a user card, hover over the avatar.

It's also with the delete links on a post, and in the moderator tools on the user profile.

If it isn't there, make sure the user has permissions to run the spam cleaner, and also check the options in the /admin.php?options/list/spam list to make sure they aren't to restrictive.

Top Bottom