1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Delete As Spam"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RyanC, Apr 15, 2014.

1. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

I'm getting ready to migrate a very large forum from VB to Xenforo. As part of that, I'm preparing moderators... One of the things I've noticed is that Xenforo doesn't seem to have a feature that allows you to delete a post and automatically ban a user like the VB feature of "Delete as Spam."

Is this really the case?

How do you guys quickly delete spam and ban a user? Is there a proper workflow?

Thanks,

Ryan

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the Spam Cleaner?

3. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

I have. That appears to be a protective tool. What I am wanting is something that makes it easy for a moderator to delete a post as spam and automatically ban the user that posted it.... more of a reactive tool...

4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Nope, the spam cleaner does that... What do you think the spam cleaner does?

5. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

It's hard for me to tell exactly... I know when I check a post to delete, I am not given an option to "spam clean" or "delete as spam."

6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

The spam cleaner is run against a user. All the posts, conversations, profile posts etc. by that user are deleted and the user is banned, and submitted to the setup anti-spam databases.

You can spam clean by clicking the link on a post, or from a user profile.

Make sure the user has permissions to run the spam cleaner.

7. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

That makes sense. BUT, what if a user gets by all that and posts spam. I want to delete that spam and ban the user. As it stands, I have to delete the post and then go to the user's profile and ban the user. As far as I can tell, there is no way to delete the post and ban the user in one step as with VB.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just use the Spam Cleaner.

9. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

NO! The spam cleaner deletes spam content. It doesn't check spam content, it is run by a member against the user and deletes that members content when it is run.

The cleaner deletes and bans in one go!

Selection_007.png

10. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Have a look at this screenshot. The option to ban the spammer is the one before last.

Attached Files:

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

12. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

First, thank you guys so much for being patient with me. Seriously.

How do I get to that spam cleaner overlay?

13. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Click the 'Spam' link. On a user card, hover over the avatar.

It's also with the delete links on a post, and in the moderator tools on the user profile.

If it isn't there, make sure the user has permissions to run the spam cleaner, and also check the options in the /admin.php?options/list/spam list to make sure they aren't to restrictive.

RyanC and Big Dan like this.
  14. RyanC

RyanC Active Member

Got it figured... and I like it a lot. Thank you guys for the help.