Implemented Deferred JS

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Out of curiosity, in PAGE_CONTAINER moved <xen:include template="page_container_js_head" /> to just before the </body> tag.
I don't know how to do this with external js.

Isn't the flash of unstyled content tremendously ugly while waiting for jQuery to load?
The local scripts can be cached with Nginx, I was referring to external scripts that we cannot define an expiration.
In fact, I'm wondering if is not wise to save them locally and update them every 24hrs... It will help if we could have an option/variable in XenForo where we define the API files locally into templates, so we can download them locally.

The local scripts can be cached with Nginx, I was referring to external scripts that we cannot define an expiration.
In fact, I'm wondering if is not wise to save them locally and update them every 24hrs... It will help if we could have an option/variable in XenForo where we define the API files locally into templates, so we can download them locally.
But but... We're supposed to load jQuery through Google's amazerful CDN so the file is coming from a server geographically proximate to their location and loads .00002 seconds faster. ;)

So this one time, I setup a really long cache of like 30 days on JPG and PNG files which rarely change. Unfortunately I forgot that this also affected a GD-generated image which changes daily, so people were seeing stale images. I had to exclude that directory from my cache rule. Optimizing is great, but it's easy to screw up.

Trying to find the "right" answer is often dizzying to me. If I had an SEO guru look through my site, they'd flee in horror, but it works, and my Adsense numbers are quite healthy.

smart_guy_shaking_head_no_md_clr.gif I see that you still don't get the point. Like the first post and it's shows an indicator of how many would like it. Right now I see that 34 have liked the original post... but your name is not in that list so apparently you don't want it THAT badly.

the OP never mentioned he wanted this added to the build of XF, only suggested it as a work around, which I don't like (as much) is at all..
But the member who mentioned adding to XF, I liked that comment indeed. Can we not like a post here ? That's how we do it on my forum and have been doing it like this on others for years up until this very thread. :coffee:

If I had a chance to not like a post, it would be the one you just posted to me, not the OP.

just having fun now... :D

(y)

the OP never mentioned he wanted this added to the build of XF, only suggested it as a work around, which I don't like (as much) is at all..
But the member who mentioned adding to XF, I liked that comment indeed. Can we not like a post here ? That's how we do it on my forum and have been doing it like this on others for years up until this very thread. :coffee:

If I had a chance to not like a post, it would be the one you just posted to me, not the OP.

just having fun now... :D

(y)
The post is in a node called "XenForo Suggestions" which would lead a reader to believe that the original post text is in reference to the core XenForo software. ;)
Any other +1's to a post (anywhere in the discussion) are basically a waste of bandwidth and what I consider post padding myself. :rolleyes:
If you like a specific post (or agree with it) that's what the like feature is for! :p

But this is digressing off-topic. Every one of my forums warns about this. The add-on that is available causes some problems for me with UI.X for some reason so I can't use it.

Top Bottom