Implemented Deferred JS

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks,

And I won't use this either. I'm hoping the xF team learns more. Glad to see we're not alone on this.
My forum is 98 and 76 . Pretty decent anyway. But its a constant craving to get better.

Thanks,

And I won't use this either. I'm hoping the xF team learns more. Glad to see we're not alone on this.
My forum is 98 and 76 . Pretty decent anyway. But its a constant craving to get better.
Mine used to be that under nginx but since I've gone to OLS I'm having to learn how to optimize it all over again. :coffee:

After upgrading my site, I get the render-blocking warning on mobile only, anyone else has the same issue?
I still see same errors on both your mobile/desktop
Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 2 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

I see @Andy.N, for some reason I get the warning only on mobile, weird...

IMG_20141121_191954.webp

Edit: Meh, I thought the green user experience is the desktop view. :)
I switched to Google API cache for jQuery .js source, no difference in percentage... I will keep it on axivo.com as is cached by Nginx in memory. Current results are 69/86, far from 76/98 that @audiokid gets.

Last edited:
But but... We're supposed to load jQuery through Google's amazerful CDN so the file is coming from a server geographically proximate to their location and loads .00002 seconds faster.

When switching from local to Google hosted jQuery Source my pagescore drops 10 points for mobile and 5 points for desktop.

Try it, go back and forth a few times and try a few different threads. Do you get the same results?

BTW, with minimal plugins I'm running OK at 78/88. The biggest pain to mobile is having turned on a guest notice that encourages them to register.

Wow, a lot can change in 5 minutes. I got a Google alert that my most viewed threads only score in the 60's too for mobile.

Interesting! The 301 url redirect script for vB migrations to XenForo (I migrated 3 days ago) are doing two redirects (not one) which picks up a Google "notice" (avoiding the word penalty) for that issue.

Last edited:
Comparing the old and new URL's it is consistently about 4 pagespeed points for both mobile and desktop when redirecting from the old to new URL's.

I guess there's nothing much to do there but wait for the new pages to be indexed and in the meantime find & fix any internal linking I've done that still gets hit often.

Top Bottom