XF 1.2 Defaulting OG:Image to Image/Attacments in Thread

Digital Jedi

Is there a way to manually assign the og:image property to attachment URLs? I was thinking I could edit the phrases in the templates to either pick one or the other, but I'm unfamiliar with xenForo phrases and it's been a millennia since I've dug around in templates to edit things. I've kind of forgotten where to look for the appropriate phrases.

Oh, okay then. Thanks. I was sure I finagled a way to do this on vB3 a while back, and figured I could do it here too. I assume the phrases used for templates won't work in the head tags?

Is there a way to manually assign the og:image property to attachment URLs? I was thinking I could edit the phrases in the templates to either pick one or the other, but I'm unfamiliar with xenForo phrases and it's been a millennia since I've dug around in templates to edit things. I've kind of forgotten where to look for the appropriate phrases.
If you absolutely want/need to specify which attachment is used then you'll need an addon, likely paid. If you allow guests to view attachments and okay with the first attachment found being used as the og image then try the free addon linked below. For some reading up on the subject, browse through the thread below.

Top Bottom