XF 2.2 Default sort order : creation date

Hi there,

Maybe i'm not looking in a good way.
But where do i set sort order for my forums to creation date?
Now when a reaction comes in a topic, it ends up on top.
The need to stay in their place.

Hope someone can tell me :D

Regards

Is there an answer out there for this? It seems odd that this isn't a default option. In my case I have an articles forum where I post new articles every 2-3 weeks (a pretty typical content type, I would think). When someone comments on an article, I don't want that article to go to the top of the thread list...I want the articles to stay in their place, sorted descending by date they were posted. Does anyone know of an addon that allows threads to be sorted in this way? Thanks!

Got it, thanks! I guess the first/last message terminology was throwing me off a bit there, but makes total sense.

The way I think of threads/replies, I'd personally prefer something like "latest reply"/"thread creation date" for those two sort options. Anyways, appreciate the help!

Not really in the core (though question threads can be ordered by votes), there are performance implications with deep pagination for huge threads.

Not really in the core (though question threads can be ordered by votes), there are performance implications with deep pagination for huge threads.
Thanks for reply. I'm running forum on phpBB and considering to switch to Xenforo. In phpBB you can set posts in thread order by date (older first like in Xenforo), or newest first. Nothing more. I would like to have this in Xenforo too.

Top Bottom