XF 2.0 Default secondary group?

Escobar

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to assign a default secondary group upon registration? So once the email is verified the group will automatically get assigned.

Thanks in advance

You don't need to change it for the others 12 aswell. Just create the new group, assign all additional rights to this one and add all existing confirmed users to this secondary group via batch.
Then again create the user group promotion for newly registered members. This way everything should work if I've understood you.

I'm not sure I'm getting all this either, but if you want new users seeing only 2 nodes, or however many, then set that as the default for the Registered group. Or just rename the Registered group to something like "Limited Access" or whatever. The bottom line is you seem to want to be able to assign some users to multiple usergroups simultaneously (on signup?), but even if you could do that wouldn't you have to pick individuals to send different signup emails to, and if so I'm not sure that would be any quicker than having to manually upgrade them from the admin. Just sounds like you guys are *maybe* making things unnecessarily difficult.

we must now give manually to the other 12 in addition because of that, not just the view one.

No only give the additional permissions to one secondary group, then make sure you always give that one special secondary group to all with additional permissions.

Reactions: sbj
No only give the additional permissions to one secondary group, then make sure you always give that one special secondary group to all with additional permissions.
You are a genius, I didn't think about that. I always went with the registered as a base, but we can make also new groups as base.
Just because registered is primary, doesn't mean we have to make it also base for others.
Thank you, you were the one who understood the problem.

Top Bottom