As designed Default (no selected tab) navigation don't show up in off canvas menu

ge66

Affected version
2.x
This is nothing new. But I still think it's kind of a bug. Default (no selected tab) navigation doesn't show up under off canvas menu.

As it stands, I think we're going to call this as designed. The default links were primarily added to create a more consistency with the header when no tab was selected, so we generally consider them bonus links (that generally exist elsewhere in the navigation structure). They aren't even present if a tab is selected, so including them in the off canvas menu would be inconsistent at best.

As it stands, I think we're going to call this as designed. The default links were primarily added to create a more consistency with the header when no tab was selected, so we generally consider them bonus links (that generally exist elsewhere in the navigation structure). They aren't even present if a tab is selected, so including them in the off canvas menu would be inconsistent at best.
Ok.

My use case is that I would like to use "no selected tab" for all pages, without a tab and with everything in the sub menu.
The hamburger menu on all screen sizes and the sub menu on almost all sizes.
To make it look the same and make it easy to find your way on all screen sizes.

Is there any way to solve this? Hard code it into the off canvas menu template?

If that is hard is there any easy way to show the same menu on all pages, to make no pages be "no selected tab"?

I'd just add the links into the canvas manually, template: PAGE_CONTAINER

Find:

Code:
<div class="js-offCanvasNavTarget"></div>

Add above:

Code:
        <ul class="offCanvasMenu-list">
            <li><div class="offCanvasMenu-linkHolder"><a href="#" class="offCanvasMenu-link">Custom Link 1</a></div></li>
            <li><div class="offCanvasMenu-linkHolder"><a href="#" class="offCanvasMenu-link">Custom Link 2</a></div></li>
            <li><div class="offCanvasMenu-linkHolder"><a href="#" class="offCanvasMenu-link">Custom Link 3</a></div></li>
        </ul>

Screenshot_5.webp

Top Bottom