XF 2.2 Default Homepage

Our website/XF currently has the default homepage pointing at one of the forums (the one which is most frequently used).

There are pros and cons to this. Pro: quicker for users to see what most consider the most relevant threads. Con: the other forums have far less visibility/interaction, and, some new users didn't even realize that other forums existed.

We were thinking to set the default homepage to the forum view page, rather than a particular forum. When we had it like this previously/temporarily, some users were vocal about their dislike of this though.

So here's the question.

Is it possible to set the homepage to forum view page for all users, as the default, but, have a user option for them to change their homepage to a particular forum? So that each user can chose their preference of homepage, for the few who really want it to be a particular one?

Is it possible to set the homepage to forum view page for all users, as the default, but, have a user option for them to change their homepage to a particular forum? So that each user can chose their preference of homepage, for the few who really want it to be a particular one?
Yes, this is possible - you have to implement a little bit of code to do that but it should be fairly easy.

Though as already pointed out, it would probably be easier if users just use bookmarks :)

Yes, this is possible - you have to implement a little bit of code to do that but it should be fairly easy.

Though as already pointed out, it would probably be easier if users just use bookmarks :)
Thank you.

By any chance do you know what code it is?

(For now, we've found a temporary work around. It's not perfect, but, it'll satisfy most).

By any chance do you know what code it is?
Yes, I do have an idea how to implement this.
If this wasn't the case I would not have posted that I think it should be relatively easy.

However, I am not going to implement it for you nor will I tell you exactly how to implement (that would basically be the same thing as implementing it myself).

Yes, I do have an idea how to implement this.
If this wasn't the case I would not have posted that I think it should be relatively easy.

However, I am not going to implement it for you nor will I tell you exactly how to implement (that would basically be the same thing as implementing it myself).
Fair enough.

There's nothing like finding people who are part of a community, but do not have the desire to help others in the community who may not be as well versed as they are. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I think the point that was being made was some things are "easy" to do, but they require some specific coding that usually a developer does for a fee.
@Kirby has helped many a person in the past... so I've got a feeling that the "code" is more than a simple template edit. For him, it may be "simple"...but for the normal admin more difficult.

Top Bottom