XF 2.2 Let users choose default homepage - between Forums or New Posts

TheGroove

I've seen this on another site and am wondering if this is an existing addon, custom development or maybe a configuration that I'm not aware of.

Greenshot 2023-02-09 08.09.19.webp

I don't think it's available as a user configuration, and never seen a an addon.

This has been asked before:

It seems somebody knows but they are not telling!

Although users can of course set their own browser bookmarks, I have always noticed that members tend to want either from list or New posts.

So I have adapted the navigation so that they can get one or the other - I've never understood why new posts is tucked away in a sub menu.

I don't think it's available as a user configuration, and never seen a an addon.

This has been asked before:

It seems somebody knows but they are not telling!
Yeah, the site owner isn't even responding on this one lol.

Although users can of course set their own browser bookmarks, I have always noticed that members tend to want either from list or New posts.

So I have adapted the navigation so that they can get one or the other - I've never understood why new posts is tucked away in a sub menu.
This seems like the best option short of custom dev here.

Yeah, the site owner isn't even responding on this one lol.
Most won't as they are "protective" of their niche and don't want to encourage ANY competition. Cloudy Nights is horrible about this. It's like they are afraid mentioning another site will pull all their visitors away. Me, I even provide a link directory and point to other sites.... different philosophy.
When I was looking at using IPS to set up my astronomy/astrophotography site they wouldn't even respond to what version of IPS they were on (the basics was easy enough to find if you worked at it).

With the location it's in (which is an option for custom user fields) I have a feeling they did use template modifications. I know I used to use them for an area of NSFW nodes, and it was an option you set in your preferences profile area. You had to specifically turn it on to see them.

Most won't as they are "protective" of their niche and don't want to encourage ANY competition. Cloudy Nights is horrible about this. It's like they are afraid mentioning another site will pull all their visitors away. Me, I even provide a link directory and point to other sites.... different philosophy.
When I was looking at using IPS to set up my astronomy/astrophotography site they wouldn't even respond to what version of IPS they were on (the basics was easy enough to find if you worked at it).

With the location it's in (which is an option for custom user fields) I have a feeling they did use template modifications. I know I used to use them for an area of NSFW nodes, and it was an option you set in your preferences profile area. You had to specifically turn it on to see them.
Actually, the owner of that site is pretty cool but I can see not wanting to go into it. I was really just looking to see if it was something that already existed or custom developed and no more, wouldn't expect anyone to give up something they've paid for or anything like that.

Actually, the owner of that site is pretty cool but I can see not wanting to go into it. I was really just looking to see if it was something that already existed or custom developed and no more, wouldn't expect anyone to give up something they've paid for or anything like that.
I have a custom addon that does this.

Contact me and I will share it with you :)

Top Bottom