[TAC] Bot Arrestor

[TAC] Bot Arrestor [Paid] 2.0.12

No permission to buy ($19.00)
Bit concerning here as it doesn't look like Mike is active anymore. Currently waiting for him to approve the mod purchase. Had to actually contact your Facebook Fan Page because no way to directly message you. You hide your profile so we can't see if you're active. Can't PM you. Both sites including your site same thing. Moderators as well

I purchased around the same time as yourself @Wesker (However my approval was immediate), and was using 1.4.10 and then upgraded to 1.5.0 (after the official announcement) without thinking of looking to see if the plugin was compatible.

Have sent them a message via their contact us, and if no immediate response I will be getting a Paypal refund, Im not stuffing around, I had too much of this type of crap with IPB developers and I am tired of it. Thats why I made the swap to Xenforo, because it seemed like the developers were all active and being responsible.

I do hope we see a response soon.

So it doesn't work in 1.5? That's okay with me. I'm just waiting to get the plugin. Shouldn't be difficult. Just click approve button. I see the purchased mods option in their upgrade account section but it doesn't give me an option to download. I'm just a bit concerned because they don't look active anymore.

So far message them on Twitter, FB, through their site, posted here, emailed them, messaged the Admin. No reply.

Honestly even if someone wants to send me the mod through DM Inbox on xenforo.com that would resolve the issue. Not stealing since I did pay for a license.

I'm fine with waiting but should have sent some automated response at least, even a confirmation page. I just got a message that they need to approve it.

I have opened a Paypal dispute, unfortunately. I really like the idea of this add-on, but no cheese from the developer, another one to add to the ignore list unless I get some reply in the next few days.

What a shame.

Maybe he's on vacation

Well from the looks of it he's been on vacation for months now.

I have opened a Paypal dispute, unfortunately. I really like the idea of this add-on, but no cheese from the developer, another one to add to the ignore list unless I get some reply in the next few days.

What a shame.

Basically in the same situation. All I needed was him to enable the mod so I could download it. Takes 30 seconds.

looking to re-add this now.

I'm updating the entire TAC collection for the latest xenforo now and hope to move it all over to xenforo 2.0 when it gets released

Sorry I've not been around for some time, it was unavoidable

I'm testing this on
XenForo 1.5.11

it installs, functions, logs.... was there actually any errors with this, or is it just a matter that I was away for such a long time.
It functions. It functions as expected, I'll be around for support now, I'm running some more tests on this, but its the last in the collection, I've updated everything else I just need to make sure this works with the latest version before re-releasing the TAC complete collection

Has anyone had an issue with this actual plugin running the latest version of xenforo? (1.5.11)

looking to re-add this now.

I'm updating the entire TAC collection for the latest xenforo now and hope to move it all over to xenforo 2.0 when it gets released

That is awesome. I have been waiting to purchase these add-ons for a long time.

I hope that some support from you would be advised/appreciated when it is released.

I'll be around now

How big is your forum.

This plugin is most useful for small forums that are getting hit heavy by bots, you should see a positive impact on resources, both load and datausage since bot IPs are cached for a few days (configurable). They can also be stopped at the point of htaccess (configurable), thus prevent bots using database queries and significant data.

But if you have a large forum, you wont really notice a difference, in fact since the cache would be updated regularly I wouldn't recommend it for large forums.

So DeDos is useful for small forums with resource issues caused by bots, not forums with thousands of users online at anyone time.

I've been checking it, and still can't see any issue with the latest version of xenforo

I'll be around now

How big is your forum.

This plugin is most useful for small forums that are getting hit heavy by bots, you should see a positive impact on resources, both load and datausage since bot IPs are cached for a few days (configurable). They can also be stopped at the point of htaccess (configurable), thus prevent bots using database queries and significant data.

But if you have a large forum, you wont really notice a difference, in fact since the cache would be updated regularly I wouldn't recommend it for large forums.

So DeDos is useful for small forums with resource issues caused by bots, not forums with thousands of users online at anyone time.

I've been checking it, and still can't see any issue with the latest version of xenforo

I have a small forum, but I was using at the time 1.5.0, see: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...t-scrapers-tors-paid.75816/page-5#post-973249

As for the add-on, because I got a refund, because we had not heard from you, I thought that the best thing to do was to remove the add-on and delete it, in the interests of being a valued customer, so I no longer have the add-on to test.

I am happy to purchase the add-on again and try it. However I will need to look at my finances because of this time of year, so it maybe in the next month that I will purchase it again.

EDIT: I am thinking of purchasing all your add-ons (that includes this add-on & TAC complete collection),because they seem very useful for my community as I only allow my country to have membership.

I have a small forum, but I was using at the time 1.5.0, see: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...t-scrapers-tors-paid.75816/page-5#post-973249

As for the add-on, because I got a refund, because we had not heard from you, I thought that the best thing to do was to remove the add-on and delete it, in the interests of being a valued customer, so I no longer have the add-on to test.

I am happy to purchase the add-on again and try it. However I will need to look at my finances because of this time of year, so it maybe in the next month that I will purchase it again.

EDIT: I am thinking of purchasing all your add-ons (that includes this add-on & TAC complete collection),because they seem very useful for my community as I only allow my country to have membership.

Okay.

Only allowing one country though (white listing) is a risky strategy
Stopping everyone except one country is less risky (black listing)

They may sound like the same thing, but they're not. Some APIs wont always be up to date, and will throw back a null/empty result for some IPs.
If this happens and you are white listing, then the user cant register. If this happens and your black listing, the user should still be able to register ... should have really posted this on the stopcoutnryspam thread... oh well

- Also think about what happens when the API is down, black listing still lets people register, but white listing effectively closes your forum to registration
So if you use stopcoutryspam remember to use black listing, and tick all the countries you don't want to register (I think white listing should come with a warning sign)

Top Bottom