Dedicated server questions, need input please

That set aside........ is there anything at WiredTree or somewhere else reputable (that's managed) that looks better than what I have for less money.

As I already mentioned, you have also Knownhost and Servint. These three companies are top notch.

Please don't let me be the one that started a crappy thread at XenForo! I just had a bowl of chocolate ice cream and I'm feeling pretty good right now! LOL

There is no way that I'm going "unmanaged", no matter how much "managing" a host provider gives. I'll look into someone making sure my interests are being taken care of as a next step.

That set aside........ is there anything at WiredTree or somewhere else reputable (that's managed) that looks better than what I have for less money.

Thanks for everyone's input. I may not be understanding everything, but I am reading the posts. :)

Oh no.. this is not a crappy thread :)
People are just expressing their own fear of having an unmanaged server :) there is a thread started here with people experiences with their hosts.

right here :
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hosting-recommendations.3923/ :)

People are just expressing their own fear of having an unmanaged server :)

Yeah those stupid fools actually considering that the OP might not want to be bothered with managing a plain Linux server all by herself ...

Personally I'm fine doing just that, but thanks a lot for your concern ...

Is there even an non-negligible price difference between managed and un-managed?

There is a big difference in price , choice and performance.
Yeah those stupid fools actually considering that the OP might not want to be bothered with managing a plain Linux server all by herself ...

Personally I'm fine doing just that, but thanks a lot for your concern ...
I didn't call anyone a fool or stupid. I was stating the fact that having an unmanged VPS is not that scary.

Right now:
Server Load Averages 0.55 0.32 0.27 | 71 Users Online (64 members and 7 guests)

Processor: Pentium 4 3GHZ Hyperthreaded
Memory: 2GB PC3200
Hd1: 120GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
Hd2: 120GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
RemoteBackup: 50GB Remote Backup
ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager
174.00/month

I'm really embarrassed, but would really appreciate your input.
Thanks for pushing me to ask on the forum Peggy.

Patty
That could easily run on one of the wiredtree hybrid servers starting at $99... without even pushing it.

You're talking about moving to a xeon core to begin with + RAID10. My load averages are higher than yours, and its running beautifully on the hybrid from wiredtree.

Same as you... I wanted more / better, but without extra cost. I got it and slightly cheaper than I was paying.

That could easily run on one of the wiredtree hybrid servers starting at $99... without even pushing it.

You're talking about moving to a xeon core to begin with + RAID10. My load averages are higher than yours, and its running beautifully on the hybrid from wiredtree.

Same as you... I wanted more / better, but without extra cost. I got it and slightly cheaper than I was paying.
Thanks Anthony. It was your post on the other thread that started me looking.

Thanks again everyone! I went with the managed hybrid at WiredTree.com. With all the input here, I have no doubt it will do what it needs to do.

I'm sure I'll have more questions when I really start trying to understand it all.

Top Bottom