Dedicated database server - Questions

rickhz

My host and my Linux backend guy have both recommended that I start using a dedicated server just for the Xenforo database. The forum has over 300,000 registered members and is very active.

My question is, what needs to be changed within Xenforo so that it will pull from the new database server?

Although I am not doing the physical move, and one of those helping may know the answer, I just like to prepare in the eventuality that neither of them know Xenforo well enough to pull this off without a problem. Hoping for a painless a move as possible.

TIA

If the new database server is running, and the connection is secured,
just make a backup, replay it on the other server, and change the settings in config.php

One other question. Does Media Gallery share the same database or does it have it's own? If it has it's own, where is the config file that controls it? I checked xenforo/library/XenGallery but didn't see a config file there.

One other question. Does Media Gallery share the same database or does it have it's own? If it has it's own, where is the config file that controls it? I checked xenforo/library/XenGallery but didn't see a config file there.
Shared in the main XenForo DB.

Top Bottom