XF 1.5 Dealing with private conversations spammers

Stuart Wright

Are their private conversation messages included in the admin -> spam options -> spam phrases check?

Because we have spammers sending messages to people with bitly.com URLs in there so I added *bitly.com* to the list of spam phrases. These must be manually approved.
And I then logged in as my alter ego normal member and sent my Stuart Wright (admin) account a private conversation message with bitly.com in the text.
The message did not go into the moderation queue.
Why not?

Are their private conversation messages included in the admin -> spam options -> spam phrases check?
Yes.

These must be manually approved.
There's no concept of manual approval of conversations, so it will simply error and reject it.

If it's not getting rejected, it either's it's not matching (isn't the link usually bit.ly?) or your user doesn't require anti-spam checking (based on number of posts or user group exemption).

Are you sure your normal member account still has their messages checked for spam? If I recall, you can optionally only check members who have <x posts along with some other constraints. Your alter ego account may not qualify.

Top Bottom