DDoS attacks are stressing me, how about you?

It´s for apache. I have nginx.
ahem.... I'm running nginx myself on all 3 servers... and it works just fine.;)
You can name the .conf file anything you want - you can name it nginx-xf-login.conf if you want and then change the associated filter name in your jail.local to reflect the name change. If you notice - the path in the example I have to the log file to read is /var/log/nginx.

Would most (any?) plain jane hosting plans have fail2ban:
installed ?
usable with Xenforo ? Do you think you can request it ?

or is fail2ban mostly for people owning their own boxes ?
Pretty much... you have to have ssh access to install it (if your provider isn't running it - and it's server wide for application) and have access to the /etc/fail2ban directory to configure it.

I try:)

For people having issues with DDoS attacks that are using CloudFlare, we do have some helpful tips for dealing with DDoS attacks.

"@Napalm165 - I think there are bots just scraping and looking for vulnerabilities. I think it is funny that CloudFlare is still letting through traffic labeled by WordFence as from China or Russian Federation (blocked by CF). They also let "threats" through ... strange concept"

We don't have anything to do with WordFence's data, really (not our product). We rely on our data sources for spam/etc. You can, however, also block visitors by IP/Ranges/Country in your CloudFlare Threat Control panel.

Note: Blocking by country only displays a challenge page (a little confusing, I know).

Top Bottom