DDOS attack

zTurko

Hello everyone,

I've been getting DDOS attacks since this morning so I'd like to know if there's a way around that

It puts me 91 pages of error: http://prntscr.com/iji539

It must surely be a manipulation to do to lower the chances of getting DDOS

If you are still being DDOS'd after having cloudflare, then your sites true IP is known. Ask your host to switch your IP after making sure your IP is not being leaked through:
  • Email Headers
  • Image and Link Proxy
  • Disable all remote file upload like avatars and media gallery

You don't need a dedicated server or hardware firewall or proxy or any such nonsense. That's absolutely silly.

Any good host with DDoS protection, or CloudFlare should be able to knock this down for you without any difficulty.

Either the attacker knows the real IP of your server, in which case follow the advice of @ozzy47 or you have CloudFlare configured improperly. You are paying big bucks for CloudFlare Pro. Their support should be able to help you configure their offering properly.

If you are still being DDOS'd after having cloudflare, then your sites true IP is known. Ask your host to switch your IP after making sure your IP is not being leaked through:
Probably not since it looks like a Layer 7 attack that just doesn't get filtered by Cloudflare. Without any configuration Cloudflare plans below Business don't help you that much, you should look into the WAF which has some Anti DDoS rules that you can enable and as already mentioned the under attack mode.

Hello,
How to do?
If on shared hosting, then that is controlled by the hosting provider and usually the only way to resolve it is to move up on your hosting plan.

If on VPS/Dedicated server it's controlled in mySQL's my.cnf file (usually either located in /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf).
It will be the max_connections = ??? segment in the config file.

Please tell your host this by submitting a ticket.
Also if you have any ip addresses that come up that are from some spiteful members on your forum, report them to police for hacking.

Top Bottom