• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DBTech] Users Viewing Thread

There's a small bug: it removes the blue line at the top of threads when enabled.

And a suggestion: users can choose to show it on top or at the bottom of threads.

Another suggestion: maybe try to make it smaller?

I've confirmed/fixed the issue with the blue top line, had to replicate some CSS which isn't ideal but it's a choice between that and a template edit. I did make the text a little smaller too, but really beyond that you can adjust the css yourself to suit your preferences: thread_online.css

I'll post the updated version tomorrow probably, I'm gonna go collapse in my bed for now :)

Another idea.

brinu0.png

On closed threads move it above thread status.

I need to report another bug that actually makes me want to disable the feature. When the addon is active, it makes the locked thread notice appear much differently and not at all pleasant. Could this be fixed in a later release?

Addon Disabled:
Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 9.53.42 PM.webp
Addon Enabled:
Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 9.53.59 PM.webp

Ok. This mod is causing all of my threads to not show up.I have searched the Thread View Template,and I cannot for the life of me find
<xen:include template="thread_online"></xen:include>
I have verified that it is this add-on,as I have disabled everything and it all works fine.Moment I enable this one,nothing. Any Ideas?

The new version doesn't require a template edit because it wraps itself around the thread_view template (thread_online), I'll grab the latest XF later to see if there's any conflictions but it should work right out of the box, make sure you've uploaded all files in the correct location and the "thread_online" template exists :)

The new version doesn't require a template edit because it wraps itself around the thread_view template (thread_online), I'll grab the latest XF later to see if there's any conflictions but it should work right out of the box, make sure you've uploaded all files in the correct location and the "thread_online" template exists :)
Nice solution! But... I think it will work only until some other addon utilizes the same method on the same controller.

Yes,its there. And I am not using the latest XF. I am using the version I downloaded on Day 1. It is definitely not working for me. Go to My Site and try and view a Thread. That only happens when this add-on is enabled. :(

Nice solution! But... I think it will work only until some other addon utilizes the same method on the same controller.
Agree'd, until templates have some sort of solution themselves it's a little break from manual editing :)
Yes,its there. And I am not using the latest XF. I am using the version I downloaded on Day 1. It is definitely not working for me. Go to My Site and try and view a Thread. That only happens when this add-on is enabled. :(
In that case shouldn't be an issue, mine too is the version from Day 1 and as far as I know no one else can replicate this. I'd try removing the product altogether from the Admin CP then re-importing the XML to see if anything got messed up, it looks like the template is missing. If the removal/install does nothing, can you tell me the contents of the thread_online template? Thanks :)

That did nothing.Here is the code from the Thread_Online Template.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dbtech_uvf_displayoption} == 1">
	<xen:include template="thread_view"></xen:include>
</xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$usersViewingThread}">
<xen:require css="thread_view.css" />
<xen:require css="thread_online.css" />
<div class="online secondaryContent">
	<h3>{xen:phrase users_viewing_thread_x_y, 'users={$usersViewingThread.members}', 'guests={$usersViewingThread.guests}'}</h3>
	<ol class="listInline">
		<xen:foreach loop="$usersViewingThread.records" value="$user" i="$i">
				<li>
				<xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
					<a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
						class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$usersViewingThread.limit}">,</xen:if>
				<xen:else />
					{xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$usersViewingThread.limit}">,</xen:if>
				</li>
		</xen:foreach>
	</ol>
</div>

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.dbtech_uvf_displayoption} == 0">
	<xen:include template="thread_view"></xen:include>

How odd, I'd say check the settings in the ACP for the users viewing thread options and see if saving them changes anything, other than that I'm not sure to be honest - I can't replicate the scenario myself on any vanilla installation.

How odd, I'd say check the settings in the ACP for the users viewing thread options and see if saving them changes anything, other than that I'm not sure to be honest - I can't replicate the scenario myself on any vanilla installation.

Nope,No Changes :( Darn,this is really annoying me as this is one feature that I really want in XenForo. But I have had to disable it so my site works :(

Top Bottom