1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DBTech] Users Viewing Thread

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by Deceptor, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Deceptor

Deceptor Active Member

This is a simple modification I threw together to get myself familiar with the XF structure. It's fairly straight forward but for now.

Update

v1.1.0
    - No longer requires a template edit
    - New option to choose if box is displayed above/below thread

v1.1.1
    - Asthetic change on block

Note: If you're updating I strongly recommend uninstalling the previous version to stop a potential circular reference if attempting to simply import the new XML.

Let me know if you have any issues :)

Attached Files:

key13, vanluong2608, Adhen and 61 others like this.
  2. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Wish i could give you a high five right now :| Thanks so much installed for sure.

3. Belazor

Belazor Active Member

Absolutely terrible. It erased my database, burned down my data center and I'm fairly certain it gave me some form of disease.

xD Nah I jest, Deceptor's mah boi =D
    It's up on DragonByte Tech's XenForo Test Forum of... well, Testing, and it's working like clockwork :)

Garamond and MichaelDance like this.
  4. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

<3 to you.

5. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Great mod :) How many extra queries does it create? Tried it on a 'big' forum yet?

6. Deceptor

Deceptor Active Member

Just 1 extra query (when viewing a thread). Not had the chance to try it on a big forum yet (If anyone has a big XF I'd be greatful if you tested :D).

7. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

YAY FOR DBTECH!!!!! I am very happy you came to XF. Will you bring the rest of your mods too? I use them for several of my VB forums.

8. Deceptor

Deceptor Active Member

That's the plan, all in good time :)

ankurs likes this.
  9. Travis

Travis Active Member

Brilliant!

10. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Only suggestions, Make it round corners or have it go through the whole page, enters from left and ends at right of the forum container.

11. Mycologist

Mycologist Member

Yay for the possibility of Triple Triad in the future! And great work on this mod!

12. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Waiting for update when we don't need to modify templates, because after update we will loose this changes.

ArnyVee likes this.
  13. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Agreed. I want to stay away from modifying the templates especially so early on in the testing of the software :)

14. au lait

au lait Well-Known Member

Hi nice Addon thx

15. MentaL

MentaL Active Member

Thanks but this really should be default.

16. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I just like that I'm unintentionally famous by being in his test bed when he took the screen print!

17. RastaLulz

RastaLulz Well-Known Member

As MentaL said, this is really something that should be built in by default. Nevertheless, this a great modification - besides the fact that you have to edit the template.

18. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

I think it does have round corners - he's just using IE so it wont render them round for him. ;)

19. Deceptor

Deceptor Active Member

Yeah the screenshot was in IE :p I'll look into ditching the template edit that's currently required, keep in mind this was only made "for the hell of it".

Blandt likes this.
  20. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Good mods keep comming. I use this on my board and it's a good thing XF has it now too :)