• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DBTech] Users Viewing Thread

Deceptor

This is a simple modification I threw together to get myself familiar with the XF structure. It's fairly straight forward but for now.

Update

v1.1.0
- No longer requires a template edit
- New option to choose if box is displayed above/below thread

v1.1.1
- Asthetic change on block

Note: If you're updating I strongly recommend uninstalling the previous version to stop a potential circular reference if attempting to simply import the new XML.

Let me know if you have any issues :)

Attachments

Absolutely terrible. It erased my database, burned down my data center and I'm fairly certain it gave me some form of disease.

xD Nah I jest, Deceptor's mah boi =D
It's up on DragonByte Tech's XenForo Test Forum of... well, Testing, and it's working like clockwork :)

Just 1 extra query (when viewing a thread). Not had the chance to try it on a big forum yet (If anyone has a big XF I'd be greatful if you tested :D).

YAY FOR DBTECH!!!!! I am very happy you came to XF. Will you bring the rest of your mods too? I use them for several of my VB forums.

Only suggestions, Make it round corners or have it go through the whole page, enters from left and ends at right of the forum container.

Waiting for update when we don't need to modify templates, because after update we will loose this changes.

Agreed. I want to stay away from modifying the templates especially so early on in the testing of the software :)

I just like that I'm unintentionally famous by being in his test bed when he took the screen print!

As MentaL said, this is really something that should be built in by default. Nevertheless, this a great modification - besides the fact that you have to edit the template.

Only suggestions, Make it round corners or have it go through the whole page, enters from left and ends at right of the forum container.

I think it does have round corners - he's just using IE so it wont render them round for him. ;)

I think it does have round corners - he's just using IE so it wont render them round for him. ;)

Yeah the screenshot was in IE :p I'll look into ditching the template edit that's currently required, keep in mind this was only made "for the hell of it".

Good mods keep comming. I use this on my board and it's a good thing XF has it now too :)

Top Bottom