[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro] [Paid] 7.2.0

No permission to buy ($44.95)

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

DragonByte Shout v7 [Pro] - DragonByte Shout - vBShout for XenForo!

DragonByte Technologies is proud to present DragonByte Shout v7: The most advanced, most feature-rich and most professional Shoutbox ever.

Uses
DragonByte Shout is the ideal way to keep members on your forum while they wait for replies to their posts. It can be used in many ways - as a chat room for members, for staff to discuss issues in realtime, as a live-update feed of new posts and threads, as a way to track member milestones... Best of all, you can have multiple...

Read more about this resource...

I'm curious to know how does this addon perform when there are 50-100 simultaneous, active chatters. Is there anything like 'speed mode' available in the TaigaChat?

I don't know what "speed mode" in TaigaChat does, but we've had no issues with large amount of concurrent chatters before in the vBulletin version, which uses the same DB design and methods of fetching chat :)

Fillip

Hello,

I just purchased this product because I'm a big fan of your guys work. There is one small problem though I'm hoping you could help me with. I installed it and the chatbox is working perfectly fine. The only problem is on the admin side whenever I try to go into anything shoutbox related it looks like this. Any idea how I can fix this?

Attachments

• db error.webp
    db error.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 24
Hmm that's very weird. Can you confirm that the URL you're seeing in your browser @ that page is /admin.php?dbtech-shout/instance ? If it's /admincp/vbshout.php?do=instance then that's from an old version and you may have some form of server-side caching that's preventing the ACP menu from being updated.

If the URL is correct, could you please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account so I can check this out @ your site? I'll get to it as soon as I can :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout v7 [Pro] with a new update entry:

DragonByte Shout v7.0.0 Beta 6

New/Restored Features:
  • Administrators now need the "Manage DragonByte Shout" admin permission to access the Shout admin areas
  • (Pro) You can now insert smilies in the Shoutbox via a button that opens a smilie area similar to the one found in the Redactor editor

Changes To Existing Features:
  • Refactored the file & directory structure in order to conform more to XenForo's structure & improve performance

Bug...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

Couple more things. First I was wanting to add the chatbox to forums page only and not the home page. Is there a way to do that? Also, when I try to update to the latest shoutbox I get this when trying to install addon:

Callback DBTech_Shout_EventListener_TemplateHook::footer is invalid (Invalid Method).

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

I was wanting to add the chatbox to forums page only and not the home page. Is there a way to do that?
You can turn off automatic deployment and follow the instructions for manual deployment via the Instance Management screen :)

Also, when I try to update to the latest shoutbox I get this when trying to install addon:

Callback DBTech_Shout_EventListener_TemplateHook::footer is invalid (Invalid Method).
Make sure you have uploaded all files before attempting to install or upgrade it :)

Fillip

Hello,

I am getting another issue. I upgraded recently to beta 8 and now whenever I make changes to instance management it says it saves but when I go back in anything I previously did is reversed (for example if I set people to be able to view chat.). Also whenever I try to start a new instance I get this error:

mysqli_stmt::bind_param(): Number of variables doesn't match number of parameters in prepared statement

let me know what I can do to fix these issues. Thanks.

Edit: Also found another possible issue that might not be related. Since the update people are constantly getting logged out within seconds of logging in. This only happens when they are on the page with chat.

Both of those issues should be fixed in Beta 9, thanks :)

I am unable to replicate any issues with being logged out, but we'll have to wait to see if the Beta 9 changes corrects this.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout v7 [Pro] with a new update entry:

7.0.0 Beta 9

Changes To Existing Features:
  • Reduced MySQL query consumption by reworking the Cache class
  • Reduced MySQL query consumption by pre-caching modification templates

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where the mod would not work as intended when invoked via the deferred (cron) script
  • Fixed an issue where instance permissions would not save as intended in certain scenarios
  • Fixed a database error when saving new instances

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech Looks great on paper and all but there's one big problem, you need to work on layout and design. The layout isn't really attractive and could be confusing to some people. You should really simplify it. I think you went for an original approach but, personally, it'd put me off.

Edit: Actually looks heavily improved from the last screenshots of it I saw, I think you just uploaded the vB ones for it tbh because it didn't even look like XenForo. It still needs something done though, imo

Edit: Actually looks heavily improved from the last screenshots of it I saw, I think you just uploaded the vB ones for it tbh because it didn't even look like XenForo.
Nope, it was fully running on XenForo at the time, but you are right in the fact that it was basically the vBulletin layout hacked to work on XenForo :P

We received a lot of feedback and help from the community - which, by the way, I'm really thankful for - and we implemented all of them, so it now uses 100% XenForo CSS classes and stylevars. There's no custom colour configuration or in-line styling anymore :)

It still needs something done though, imo
If you have some specific pieces of feedback in mind, I would love to hear it so I can work on improving the mod even further :)

Fillip

Still experiencing the issue where people get logged out when viewing the page with the chatbox on it and nothing else. Was wondering if you could take a look at it.

Hey Fillip, would it be possible that you provide a demo for this? I would just like to see it in action. By demo, I mean, installed in your forum or something.

Top Bottom