[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.6.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail - Create newsletter emails to your members.

DragonByte Mail is a professional mailing list mod with advanced subscription management features. Additionally, it has a newsletter feature that highlights your most popular threads.

Uses
DragonByte Mail is the perfect solution for any forum who wish to send out large quantities of mail to users on a mailing list. It lets admins and users have fine-grained access to subscriptions, and also sends out automated newsletters with powerful algorithms for determining...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

Just to be sure for something before ordering. The content of the email can be free format text and not only data from forums.

Thank you
Chris

Hello,

Just to be sure for something before ordering. The content of the email can be free format text and not only data from forums.

Thank you
Chris
Hi Chris,

There's two main features of this mod; "Digest" and "Mailing List".

Digest is fully automated, which shows popular threads since the last digest was sent. You can turn this off easily via the Manage Digests page.

Mailing List is fully manual, and you have a choice between two modes when creating a list, "Native Template" and "Custom Template".
If you choose Native Template, your message will be wrapped in the standard XenForo email container, and you shouldn't add the <html> tag.
If you choose "Custom Template", you have to specify ALL the HTML yourself, which is good if you have a professionally designed HTML newsletter you want to use.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you need further information :)

Fillip

Hello Filip,

Thank you for your prompt attention. Really appreciated. My bad English, was not clear in my text. I've understood those cases and sorry for wasting your time to write them.

So is better to use a real example. The main scope of use is:
1.- Have a form (widget or page doesn't matters), where my users will be able to subscribe to a mailinglist. Confirmation of subscription is good but not important as they're already members.
2.- Using the normal xenforo mail wrapper I just want to send emails with some custom text. If I can attach a file should be a plus but not a must.
3.- Auto include an "Unsubscribe" link in the emails

Can I do this (I know that I can do more) with your Mail plugin? A Yes/No is more than enough

Thank you
Chris

1.- Have a form (widget or page doesn't matters), where my users will be able to subscribe to a mailinglist. Confirmation of subscription is good but not important as they're already members.
There's no widget for subscription at this time, I'll add that to the list of things to consider for future versions as it could be a good thing :)

2.- Using the normal xenforo mail wrapper I just want to send emails with some custom text. If I can attach a file should be a plus but not a must.
There's no file attachments, but emails with custom text absolutely :)

3.- Auto include an "Unsubscribe" link in the emails
This exists, absolutely :) The link is one-click with optional unsubscribe feedback, and the member does not need to be logged in in order to unsubscribe.

Fillip

Hello Filip,

If I buy this version can I also download the xF1 version? Seems that I must start with xF1 as some important to me plugins are not yet ready for xF2.

Thank you
Chris

• Configure an automated "Reader's Digest" of your most popular forum threads
also sends out automated newsletters with powerful algorithms for determining popular content

What is criteria for "most popular" threads?
Could we manually set threads which be sent in emails?
Could we manually setup criterias for reader's digest?

What is criteria for "most popular" threads?
Could we manually set threads which be sent in emails?
Could we manually setup criterias for reader's digest?
I’m not at the computer right now so I can’t give you the exact formula, but I do know there’s no way to manually select threads. That would be impossible, since the time frames used for determining popularity is per-user.

By that I mean, if User A wants to receive the newsletter weekly, their list of threads will be different from User B who wishes to receive it monthly.

Fillip

bought and installed, but i get an issue when i try to install on my xf 2.0.1 board as follows:-

XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 174
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 70
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 74
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 151
  5. XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 164
  6. XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable() in src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Setup.php at line 145
  7. DBTech\Mail\Setup->installStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  8. DBTech\Mail\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  9. DBTech\Mail\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 378
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1880
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  15. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

bought and installed, but i get an issue when i try to install on my xf 2.0.1 board as follows:-

XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL query error [1071]: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 174
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 70
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 74
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 151
  5. XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 164
  6. XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable() in src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Setup.php at line 145
  7. DBTech\Mail\Setup->installStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  8. DBTech\Mail\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  9. DBTech\Mail\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 378
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1880
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  15. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
I've pushed a hotfix to the latest version that should resolve this, thanks :)

Fillip

ok installed ok now. Few glitches so far:-
1. Clicking on Manage mailing list opens up a blank tab
2. Add new keyword also gives a blank page
3. Maintenance goes to blank page
4. In digest management -> Forum Settings -> Exclude forums only shows the last forum node created

ok installed ok now. Few glitches so far:-
1. Clicking on Manage mailing list opens up a blank tab
2. Add new keyword also gives a blank page
3. Maintenance goes to blank page
4. In digest management -> Forum Settings -> Exclude forums only shows the last forum node created
Blank pages should not happen in XF unless there's something seriously wrong with your PHP config. Can you please try clicking Repair Cache, and if that doesn't work, check your server error log?

Fillip

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use isset() on the result of an expression (you can use "null !== expression" instead)
  • src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Mailinglist.php:136

the above is in logs when i click on manage mailing list.
If I click on Add new Keyword, the error in the logs is as above and same for when I click on Maintenance

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(34) "/admin.php?dbtech-mail/maintenance"
["referrer"] => string(58) "mysite.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["dbtech-mail/maintenance"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

is one of them in more detail.