[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
The current plan is still to make XF1 and XF2 versions of the same mod universal, e.g. if you paid for the XF1 version and your licence is active (not expired), the next released update will contain both the XF1 and XF2 versions in the same download.

That does mean there will be files uploaded to /library/ as well as /src/, but I think that's an acceptable trade-off vs having to build a whole new system for choosing your version or something like that.

It's still a ways off, as the Shop and Shout products have yet to be converted & tested. DragonByte Optimise for XF2 will not be released for some time until I have a chance to evaluate what has been implemented in the core and what still needs optimising, and since DB Optimise uses native code, I don't know if we can give away the XF2 version for free.

In short: Everything other than DB Optimise will most likely receive an XF2 compatible version for free, DB Optimise is still uncertain.

Fillip

Just asking so I understand - it this able to replace the trophy points? I want to remove the trophies etc and just simply have credits everywhere on the website

Also just wondering whether there was anyway to replace the Credits link on the navbar with a font awesome icon primarily:
fa fa-credit-card-alt - have tried a few different things and can get the main title of the drop down changed etc but the actual Credits link doesn't change - just messes up the look on the site a little considering most other things are using the FA icons.

Thanks in advance @DragonByte Tech

Just asking so I understand - it this able to replace the trophy points? I want to remove the trophies etc and just simply have credits everywhere on the website
I suppose you could, I don't see why not :)

Also just wondering whether there was anyway to replace the Credits link on the navbar with a font awesome icon primarily:
fa fa-credit-card-alt - have tried a few different things and can get the main title of the drop down changed etc but the actual Credits link doesn't change - just messes up the look on the site a little considering most other things are using the FA icons.

Thanks in advance @DragonByte Tech
That isn't explicitly supported on XF1, but will be in the XF2 version :)

Are you using the right side navbar?

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech,
Sorry for the delay in replying (blame it on the time zone difference and the fact that when I go to bed I am like a bear in hibernation) - yes I am using the right side navbar.

I will continue playing today and see if I can come up with something 'snazzy'.

Can this be used to "sell" things in the XF Resource Manager? For example, deduct credits for downloading a resource, and not allow the download if the user does not have enough credit?

I'm using XF2 so can't try this yet, but wondering for future use case. Thanks!

Can this be used to "sell" things in the XF Resource Manager? For example, deduct credits for downloading a resource, and not allow the download if the user does not have enough credit?

I'm using XF2 so can't try this yet, but wondering for future use case. Thanks!
There is support for this feature in the XFRM, yeah :)

I don't currently have access to XFMG and XFRM for XF2 so I don't believe support will be added in the initial XF2 beta, but it'll definitely be there by the Gold release :)

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech couple members reported to me that their posts are not rewarded. I haven't made any change whatsoever.
If you look in below transaction log screenshot, you can see indeed, the system says they earned x amount of BMF Coins on their end but the total amount is the same in the backend when that trasaction took place.

Please look into this and tell me it is really a bug or a setting I must toggle.

this is from backend

check.webp

this is from front-end user, where everything looks good, but if you match this something is not good, since couple transactions are not there
sys.webp

It is not possible for any transactions affecting the user to be displayed in the AdminCP but not the front-end, they read from the same data and use the same filtering options.

That being said, the code base has changed for the next version that will add XF2 compatibility, so we'll have to come back to this issue in the future when that version is released.

Fillip

It is not possible for any transactions affecting the user to be displayed in the AdminCP but not the front-end, they read from the same data and use the same filtering options.

That being said, the code base has changed for the next version that will add XF2 compatibility, so we'll have to come back to this issue in the future when that version is released.

Fillip
Does this means the rewarding system now fails to give credits and if yes why?
If that so means we have a huge problem, this credits system cannot be used for real money, just for fun.

There has been no evidence of real money purchases failing.

Fillip
Sorry. I don't mean that.

I mean why the system is not giving points to my members everytime they post a new "post"?

The member who reported this is very old, he is leaving long posts, he knows what he is doing, so it passes the minimum 100 characters requirement, he always checks his notification to see the reward, and he said to me he is not getting points added to his balance, 4 times happened this at the exact time when I highlighted with red the transaction log in above pictures, but in notification it says he received. That's why I show you those transactions, backend and front end. Maybe you can help debunk this, if the credits addon fails to give reward and this cannot be fixed I will have to look for an alternative since this will ruin my forum. Members love it, but if the credits system is bugged they will hate it including my forum. Help me out!

There is support for this feature in the XFRM, yeah :)

I don't currently have access to XFMG and XFRM for XF2 so I don't believe support will be added in the initial XF2 beta, but it'll definitely be there by the Gold release :)

Amazing. Thanks! XF2 is really nice. I wasn't convinced to switch from VB with earlier versions, but when I saw 2.0 I knew right away.

The hardest part of making the switch was giving up all my DragonByte Teach addons for VB. You guys have always been awesome.

This addon coupled with XFRM will be super useful to me, can't wait to see it for 2.0!

Another problem reported is the 24h frame, I set up so if a member reaches 25 posts he must wait 86400 seconds to be rewarded again for posting.

However, the member was paid for posting 33 posts, so why is the system rewarding for extra posts?

And today he was able to post 2 hours earlier, so the 24h not working or what?
I need to know if is really a setting must toggle or is a bug? Thank you!

Can you please elaborate how you configured this?

Fillip
Sure. See my settings below.
1.webp2.webp

I have personally checked the time and indeed the system rewarded the member within 22 hours since his last reward (from a total of 33 rewards for posting a post, when maximum is setup for 25)

Is that the only post event you have, or do you have any other events as well?

Fillip

Pictures above are from event post settings. There is no other event for post.

Event list I have: Adjust, Content, Daily Activity, Donate, Post, Post Like, Post Liked, Purchase, Redeem, Thread

Top Bottom