DataTables BB Code by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Last edited:
When installed with the tabs addon, it doesnt allow the tabs option in ACP to be saved. Clicking on it and saving shows that only comma option is saved.

What browser are you using?
Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m

BTW same thing with pipe, it didnt save that option. Inititially i selected all 3 in the options. Click Save. and it takes me back to the refreshed screen showing only the comma as checked.

Doesn't work so much
Code:
[table=head]
test|test|test|test|test|tets
[/table]
turns up as attachment . Doesn't matter if it's csv or pipe, neither work and display 6 separate table fields, it displays those as rows

[/COLOR]

Attachments

• table.webp
    table.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Excellent, that update fixed that problem, thank you ;)
A couple thoughts, maybe for future dev?

Can we get the ability to edit column names, maybe take the first row as a column name, instead of having 'column 1', 'column 2', etc? So:
Code:
[table]
Time|Status|Show|18-49 demo|% demo change|Viewers (mil)|% mil change
would spit that out as the column heads... Just a thought. I know this is a young plugin, and believe me, I can't thank you enough, as this seems to be the only one to work right now ;)

Excellent, that update fixed that problem, thank you ;)
A couple thoughts, maybe for future dev?

Can we get the ability to edit column names, maybe take the first row as a column name, instead of having 'column 1', 'column 2', etc? So:
Code:
[table]
Time|Status|Show|18-49 demo|% demo change|Viewers (mil)|% mil change
would spit that out as the column heads... Just a thought. I know this is a young plugin, and believe me, I can't thank you enough, as this seems to be the only one to work right now ;)
Try putting [table=head] in your code above.

Awesome Jon, thanks.
I have already made a video to demonstrate it to avforums members when we go live with it in a few short weeks.
I hope you don't mind me sharing this on here as it does demonstrate how easy it is to use.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks brilliant but I can't use it as I have already installed Brogans BB code for tables that I needed for the tables I imported from phpbb :eek:

Thanks for this great addon!

Is it maybe possible in a future release to disable borders for some tables?

And one small problem: Automatically calculate the optimum table and columns widths doesn't really work (if I understand this feature correctly). The table still uses the entire width.

table size.webp

Last edited:
Thanks for this great addon!

Is it maybe possible in a future release to disable borders for some tables?
I'm sure you could just add some CSS code for this. It is designed so that it is easy for you to style yourself. We won't be adding any of our own styling to the add-on itself.

And one small problem: Automatically calculate the optimum table and columns widths doesn't really work (if I understand this feature correctly). The table still uses the entire width.

View attachment 57439
I believe this is how it is supposed to work. Again, you could probably add your own CSS for this.

@Waindigo Thanks for the update, looks good.

Just one issue though. If i have items from your Keyword Replace addon used within the tables, it shows up the html.
http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/how-to-do-tables-in-posts.16853/#post-100450
Sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.

I'm sure you could just add some CSS code for this. It is designed so that it is easy for you to style yourself. We won't be adding any of our own styling to the add-on itself.

I meant two different tables so that one has borders, and the other one not. With CSS I could just change all the tables.

Does this addon work with the code from this vb addon?
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107985
Mind the [table=[B]"[/B]head"] part of the code which includes quotation marks.
It will work with or without the quotes in your example. The other options in that add-on won't work though.

I meant two different tables so that one has borders, and the other one not. With CSS I could just change all the tables.
Ah OK, yes this would need to be added as an option to the bbcode. Drop me a pm if you wish to contribute to this.

Waindigo updated DataTables BB Code by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

New features:
  • Any BB code inside
    tags now shows as raw BB codes (rather than formatted text etc.) in the BB code editor to ensure that it appears correctly formatted and no line breaks are accidentally added.
    [*]Added options in Admin Control Panel to remove any code inside curly brackets and to remove any options separated by semi-colons. These option may help with backwards-compatibility with code produced for other add-ons and/or for other forum software.

Top Bottom