1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database size

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jeffin, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

My forum database shows a size of 0.0 mb in cpanel list of mysql databases. Also when I click Disc Space Usage in cpanel, mysql still shows 0 mb. Is it really that small? Or am I missing something?(n)

Also temp/ folder has taken about 2.7gb space. Is it okay to empty it?

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

If you have installed the database on this server a short time ago, wait a bit - the numbers in Cpanel are not calculated online but are cached.

Or have you recently moved the forum? Then I urgently would check if you aren't still using the database on the old host.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Hi Walter, I moved the site from another host to Servint more than a year ago. I remember seeing this error a long time ago after I moved but I ignored it because everything was working well anyway. Now I am trying to get an external party to periodically back my database up. They have different plans to choose from according to size of website. I have no idea how big my database is and therefore no idea which plan to choose.

By the way, thanks for your reply.

4. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Update: I contacted my hosting company and they corrected it. Servint service is fast and awesome. ;)

No more issues.

Jake Bunce likes this.