XF 1.4 Database error

Thanatos

Greetings,

This morning I found my site down due to a database error with MySQL.

The error was in the xf_session table and said it had crashed and needed to be repaired.

I found the command to repair the table and did so and it didn't fix the problem. I did a repair on the database but it didn't fix the problem either.

All I get now is 'HTTP 500 internal error' and a white page that the webpage can't be loaded.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

You can truncate the session table if it has crashed.

The actual error message now though is:
<!-- Access denied for user 'admin_master'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Have you or your host changed anything to do with the database?

I have truncated the table and it didn't seem to help.

I'm not sure where you are seeing that message, but I'll check the password.

I changed it this morning as I couldn't seem to remember it.

Other than that, no changes I know of.

Last edited:
View the page source to see that error message.

If you have changed the password for the database user, you also need to update the library/config.php file to match.

I did that already...however I went back a second time and looked again and apparently I had dropped a single character out of the password.

Well now I Feel sheepish.

Thank you sir, I owe you a coke.

Can you tell me a bit more about that session error that started this? I've run Xenforo on my main site for a long time, but never had this problem (it's on a shared windows server)....on the site I had trouble with, that's a site where I pay for the host server and it's a Linux server and it's all new...and I've never run my own server or worked with Linux before...I just want to know where it came from so I can figure out if I need to look into configuring something differently on this Linux server.

Thanks so much.

The session table crashing is down to MySQL being stopped unexpected or some other server issue (disk full, server crash, etc). If it happens once, it may just be bad luck. If it happens regularly, the server admin needs to figure out what's going on and if it can't be identified, I would recommend moving servers/hosts.

Well I didn't see evidence of a server crash or full disk, so I'm going to chalk it up to bad luck and keep an eye on it and back up my database lol If it happens again I'll contact the host about the problem. Thank you so much for your answer.

Top Bottom